Deploying my Bots and Indicators

Created at 21 May 2023, 20:57
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RO

robert.john.edgar

Joined 25.01.2023

Deploying my Bots and Indicators
21 May 2023, 20:57

I have written about 20 indicators and bots.

They were written and built in VisuaStudio/cTrader on my local development machine

However I do my live trading on another machine.

I was wondering what is the process to package and deploy my bots and indicators?

Is there some docs or videos explaining that process?

TIA

Rob

@robert.john.edgar
Replies

firemyst
22 May 2023, 03:22

Good on you for having separate Dev/Production environments :-)

To answer your question, just copy the resulting .algo files over from one machine to the other, and double-click to install.

There's nothing fancy about it. Copy however you want (network share, memory stick, even by attaching to an email and then downloading the attachment on your trading machine)

On your live trading machine, just copy the algo files into the:

1) C:\Users\ [your windows username] \Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots for your robots

2) C:\Users\ [your windows username] \Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Indicators for your custom indicators

@firemyst

robert.john.edgar
23 May 2023, 13:51

RE:

firemyst said:

Good on you for having separate Dev/Production environments :-)

To answer your question, just copy the resulting .algo files over from one machine to the other, and double-click to install.

There's nothing fancy about it. Copy however you want (network share, memory stick, even by attaching to an email and then downloading the attachment on your trading machine)

On your live trading machine, just copy the algo files into the:

1) C:\Users\ [your windows username] \Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots for your robots

2) C:\Users\ [your windows username] \Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Indicators for your custom indicators

Thanks for that!
Cheers
Rob

@robert.john.edgar