When will cTrader Console be re-available? It was in V4.2 but is not in 4.7.x..

Created at 24 Apr 2023, 07:52
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

heinrich.munz

Joined 21.11.2020

24 Apr 2023, 07:52

@heinrich.munz
Replies

Spotware
24 Apr 2023, 09:47

Dear Heinrich,

This feature was never officially available. It will be officially released in one of the upcoming releases.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

ncel01
09 May 2023, 18:28

Dear cTrader team,

Will this be a standalone app or, can it only be launched with cTrader?

Thanks.

@ncel01

Spotware
10 May 2023, 07:30

Dear ncel01,

We will publish more information on the release of the feature.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

heinrich.munz
10 May 2023, 07:41 ( Updated at: 10 May 2023, 07:42 )

RE:

ncel01 said:

Dear cTrader team,

Thanks.

Yes it will be stand alone. 
See this demo video of cTrader Console starting at around 29Min, 47 Secs

@heinrich.munz

ncel01
10 May 2023, 13:57

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear ncel01,

We will publish more information on the release of the feature.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

Dear Spotware team,

At that time I'll be already aware of this, I guess.

I really need this feature to be able to smoothly run cBots with a minimum memory usage, which will not be possible if this comes attached to cTrader and not as a standalone app.

When is this expected to be released?

Thank you!

@ncel01

ncel01
10 May 2023, 14:01

RE: RE:

heinrich.munz said:

ncel01 said:

Dear cTrader team,

Thanks.

Yes it will be stand alone. 
See this demo video of cTrader Console starting at around 29Min, 47 Secs

Hi heinrich,

Thanks for sharing the video, I'll look into it later.

I really hope it will be standalone!

Does this mean that a console has been already available in the past? I am a bit confused..

@ncel01

ncel01
12 May 2023, 10:11

This was a Spotware demonstration of the console, I see.

Apparently it was intended to be released with cTrader 4.2 (Nov 2021), one year and a half ago, but hasn't been released yet. 

I wonder what priority has been given to this..

I'll maybe be able to convert all my cBot code to MT4/5 sooner than this is made available..

60MB: seems to be a lot of memory usage for a simple console. More than the memory used by MT4/5.

Also being limited to the cBot default parameters makes the console useless, from my point of view. Moreover, this doesn't make much sense to me, reason:

Cbot parameters when defined in cTrader remain there even when closing and launching the application again, meaning that these are stored somewhere in the server. So, why not an option to use these values (defined in cTrader user interface) when running the cBots through the console?

Last but not least:

As expected, this video shows that not only with me cTrader gets unresponsive.

@ncel01

heinrich.munz
12 May 2023, 11:29

RE:

ncel01 said:

This was a Spotware demonstration of the console, I see.

Apparently it was intended to be released with cTrader 4.2 (Nov 2021), one year and a half ago, but hasn't been released yet. 

I wonder what priority has been given to this..

I'll maybe be able to convert all my cBot code to MT4/5 sooner than this is made available..

60MB: seems to be a lot of memory usage for a simple console. More than the memory used by MT4/5.

Also being limited to the cBot default parameters makes the console useless, from my point of view. Moreover, this doesn't make much sense to me, reason:

Cbot parameters when defined in cTrader remain there even when closing and launching the application again, meaning that these are stored somewhere in the server. So, why not an option to use these values (defined in cTrader user interface) when running the cBots through the console?

Last but not least:

As expected, this video shows that not only with me cTrader gets unresponsive.

>"meaning that these are stored somewhere in the server"
No, they are not stored in the server but on the client PC in the environment of the cTrader application.
However, it was said in the demo video that the final release will have the ability to pass the parameters in a file...

What is bothering me much more is the fact that the cTrader console can be used for live trading ONLY - as I understand it.
What I urgently need is the feature to use backtesting via the console ()or even better via an API) and even more urgent to use the genetic optimization programmatically so that it is possible to implement remote controlled high sophisticated optimization strategies in C# like Walk Forward Optimization etc.

@heinrich.munz

ncel01
12 May 2023, 19:36

Hi heinrich,

No, they are not stored in the server but on the client PC in the environment of the cTrader application.

I see. It makes even more sense.

Anyway, the inputs defined on cTrader are somehow stored and it would be great to have an option to apply these.

However, it was said in the demo video that the final release will have the ability to pass the parameters in a file...

Yes. However, it would be great to also see the option to get these directly from cTrader.

In addition to above, I am also expecting the following:

1. The possibility to check (at a glance), on cTrader, all the cBots running from the the console, so that traders can easily keep control/track on these.

2. That console will be multi instance and that a single instance can have the ability to run multiple cBots within the same account.

3. Last but not least: I really hope that memory usage will remain stable and that it will not rise overtime.

What is bothering me much more is the fact that the cTrader console can be used for live trading ONLY - as I understand it.

I really hope not as this would be too bad to be true.

Why do you need/want to backtest strategies from the console btw?

@ncel01

ToniTrader
05 Jun 2023, 13:23

RE:

ncel01 said:

Why do you need/want to backtest strategies from the console btw?

As I said, with cTrader it is not possible to do more complex optimization strategies like Walk Forward Optimization, Out of Sample Tests, etc. programmatically.
I believe that you cannot define a trading strategy with keeping the parameters constant over a long amount of time like i.e. 10 years. As market conditions are changing frequently, trading strategy parameters also should. To find out which parameters to change how over time, you need to program also start and stop dates of optimization phases, test it out of sample, go ahead another step, etc.
See 

@ToniTrader