Programmatically see copy trading activity

Created at 24 Feb 2023, 19:37
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

datasvz

Joined 24.02.2023

Programmatically see copy trading activity
24 Feb 2023, 19:37

Hello

I'd like to know if it's possible to programmatically track the copy trading activity of a master account when I subscribe as a follower ?

Thanks

@datasvz
Replies

heinrich.munz
01 Mar 2023, 09:22

RE: Programmatically see copy trading activity

dthetten said:

Hello

I'd like to know if it's possible to programmatically track the copy trading activity of a master account when I subscribe as a follower ?

Thanks

IMHO this will not be possible. If it would, anyone could copy the trades themselves and the master trader would not get its fees...

@heinrich.munz

datasvz
01 Mar 2023, 18:10

RE: RE: Programmatically see copy trading activity

Yes, that's why I said as a subscriber/investor but I get your point of view...makes sense

@datasvz

DelFonseca
01 Mar 2023, 22:23

RE:

dthetten said:

Hello

(...)

Thanks

Yes, search for "web scraping"

@DelFonseca

heinrich.munz
02 Mar 2023, 10:09

RE: RE:

DelFonseca said:

dthetten said:

Hello

(...)

Thanks

Yes, search for "web scraping"

Web scraping cTrader strategies might not work, especially on fast working scalping algorithms.
Reason: The update frequency of the web sites might be to slow to copy each trade successfully. I.e. the web site say that ROI is updated only every 15 Minutes (for strategy provides, others 1 day), Net and Gross Profit is updated with a 1 minute delay. However there is no information about the delay of new or closed orders in the Positions/History/Transactions Windows...

@heinrich.munz

DelFonseca
02 Mar 2023, 22:40

RE: RE: RE:

heinrich.munz said:

(...)

The question was whether it is possible. Not if it was functional.
Functional is relative, if it is for example to "clone" the trades, no. If it is for report documents or notify followers on telegram, yes.

@DelFonseca