.algo files

Created at 18 Feb 2023, 11:27
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JA

jaydcrowe1989

Joined 11.08.2022

.algo files
18 Feb 2023, 11:27

Hi,

Is there anyway to get my source code back from an algo file? My hard drive failed and I did not manage to get my latest changes committed into my git repo. Luckily the algo file is on my server but I wont be able to edit it further.

Cheers

Jay

@jaydcrowe1989
Replies

PanagiotisChar
20 Feb 2023, 09:15

Hi Jay,

If your .algo file is not built with source code, then unfortunately there is nothing you can do.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

pick
23 Feb 2023, 17:29

If you can provide the file and proof that it is your intellectual property, I'd be happy to have a look. 

@pick

jaydcrowe1989
23 Feb 2023, 17:33

RE:

pick said:

If you can provide the file and proof that it is your intellectual property, I'd be happy to have a look. 

Of course. How would you like me to provide proof? I was under the impression that I couldn't get it back so I've deleted the source code out of my git repo, as it was way out of date and didn't work.

Are you able to provide how you might reverse engineer it?

@jaydcrowe1989

pick
23 Feb 2023, 17:43

RE: RE:

jaydcrowe1989 said:

pick said:

Of course. How would you like me to provide proof? I was under the impression that I couldn't get it back so I've deleted the source code out of my git repo, as it was way out of date and didn't work.

Are there any libraries referenced that would relate to you? Any namespaces / class names?

@pick

jaydcrowe1989
17 Mar 2023, 14:40

RE: RE: RE:

Can you email me please. mentalman220589@hotmail.com

pick said:

jaydcrowe1989 said:

pick said:

Are there any libraries referenced that would relate to you? Any namespaces / class names?

@jaydcrowe1989

jaydcrowe1989
17 Mar 2023, 20:37

It's ok sorted now. I've now built a console app that will decompile the .algo file

@jaydcrowe1989