Problem with cAlgo update

Created at 21 Jan 2013, 16:05
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
ZE

Zenner

Joined 14.07.2012

Problem with cAlgo update
21 Jan 2013, 16:05

I had cAlgo running and it updated and relaunched but it tried the same update on each relaunch.

I then closed the  application and tried to open it again, but now I can't open cAlgo anymore and get this error:

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [21-01-2013 15:01:01] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)

- Downloading http://dl.ctrader.com/fxpro/cAlgo AppFiles/1.0.434.0/ru-RU/cTrader.LocalizedStrings.resources.dll did not succeed.

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()

at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ConsumeUpdatedDeployment(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

--- Inner Exception ---

System.Net.WebException

- The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

- Source: System

- Stack trace:

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

--- Inner Exception ---

System.IO.IOException

- Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

- Stack trace:

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)

--- Inner Exception ---

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

- An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

- Stack trace:

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS

No transaction information is available.

@Zenner
Replies

admin
21 Jan 2013, 17:39

Please run http://ifconfig.me/all on Internet Explorer and send it to us along with a speed test from here: http://www.speedtest.net/. Please send the results to engage@ctrader.com

@admin

phamvanthanh
23 Jan 2013, 04:13 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:
admin said:

Please run http://ifconfig.me/all on Internet Explorer and send it to us along with a speed test from here: http://www.speedtest.net/. Please send the results to engage@ctrader.com

Hi,

I also experiencing some problem with the new update that I never had before. Please rectify it asap.

@phamvanthanh

admin
25 Jan 2013, 11:57

About the first issue, it can easily be avoided if you update one instance of cAlgo at a time. In other words avoid restarting all instances of cAlgo at once.
About the above error, could you please send us the scenario (or anything you remember about your actions prior to the error) under which you received this?
It will help expedite the investigation of the cause of the error. Thank you in advance.

@admin

phamvanthanh
04 Feb 2013, 16:41

RE:
admin said:

About the first issue, it can easily be avoided if you update one instance of cAlgo at a time. In other words avoid restarting all instances of cAlgo at once.
About the above error, could you please send us the scenario (or anything you remember about your actions prior to the error) under which you received this?
It will help expedite the investigation of the cause of the error. Thank you in advance.

Sorry for my late reply. I did not do any thing prior to the error. But some time the error disappear when I use another copy of the robot ( I just changed its name).

Regards,

Thanh

@phamvanthanh

admin
05 Feb 2013, 12:56

This is a known issue that should be fixed with the new update very soon.

@admin