ML.Net Support

Created at 01 Feb 2023, 15:45
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid3999979

Joined 05.07.2021

ML.Net Support
01 Feb 2023, 15:45

Hi

I was just wondering whether ML.Net is going to be supported?

You can install it via NuGet in VS, however cTrader throws an error when trying to compile stating that it's not supported.

@ctid3999979
Replies

PanagiotisChar
02 Feb 2023, 08:25

Hi there,

There is nothing special to support. It's just a .Net library like all others. I tried building a bot some time ago and I had no problems. What exception do you get?

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

ctid3999979
03 Feb 2023, 16:05 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi there,

There is nothing special to support. It's just a .Net library like all others. I tried building a bot some time ago and I had no problems. What exception do you get?

Aieden Technologies

Hi

It's probably just something I'm doing as C# isn't my primary language. It installs fine via NuGet in VS and doesn't show an error, but in cTrader, I get the error in the screenshot. I've looked in the "Manager References" but that only shows other indicators.

@ctid3999979

PanagiotisChar
03 Feb 2023, 16:32 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

Hi there,

Open the project in Visual Studio and check if the packages are in place

If it works in VS, you should be fine

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar

ctid3999979
04 Feb 2023, 10:02

RE:

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi there,

Aieden Technologies

Thanks. The bot does appear to run properly (on an external monitor but see my other thread regarding that wieird issue).

Do you have any good resources for ML.Net? The vast, vast majority of resources I can find cater to Python. I even have my own subscription to O'Reilly but there isn't even very much on there.

@ctid3999979

PanagiotisChar
06 Feb 2023, 10:30

Hi there,

Not much more that you could google yourself. Resources are much less than Python.

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar

ctid2032775
06 Feb 2023, 19:40

RE: RE:

ctid3999979 said:

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi there,

Aieden Technologies

Thanks. The bot does appear to run properly (on an external monitor but see my other thread regarding that wieird issue).

Do you have any good resources for ML.Net? The vast, vast majority of resources I can find cater to Python. I even have my own subscription to O'Reilly but there isn't even very much on there.

Hi,

I've developed a cBot that uses ML.NET Decision Trees (FastForest) for predicting profits and losses and for me it worked fine, as well.

With respect to the C# resources I can recommend the "original" Microsoft learning center where I found the best documents, tutorials and examples. You can use most of the code snippets for your own cBots...

Just one additional recommendation - you should build your solution in Visual Studio to get more detailed error descriptions and access to the corresponding docs from Microsoft!

I hope this helps to get your cBot up and running.

Best regards,
Christian

@ctid2032775