heavy calculations on one instance will not force the other to stop

Created at 18 Jan 2023, 12:04
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EY

eynt

Joined 08.05.2020

heavy calculations on one instance will not force the other to stop
18 Jan 2023, 12:04

Hi

My cBot OnStop method is quite heavy - requires a lot of calculations and writing to the hard drive. Because of that when I run several instances of the bot at the same time (each instance for a different symbol) when the first bot finishes its run (correctly) the other instances simply crash and stop in the middle before they get the chance to finish their run. I believe it's connected to a "has not stopped within 5 seconds on demand. all running instances were forced to stop" error (or something similar).

Is there a way to disconnect the connection between the instances so the heavy calculations on one instance will not force the other to stop (or any other solution to that problem)?

Thanks in advance..

@eynt
Replies

eynt
24 Jan 2023, 17:26

RE:

Anything new?

Thanks

@eynt

PanagiotisChar
25 Jan 2023, 10:32

Hi eynt,

What do you expect to hear? I think the problem is obvious. You need to optimize your heavy calculations else cTrader will force the instances to stop. It's the way cTrader works and you need to work around it. From there and on, we don't have any info, like the source code, to see if to assist further.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

eynt
25 Jan 2023, 12:51

RE:

If one instance works perfectly and several cause to a crash, then obviously the problem is not with the code but with the behavior of the cTrader. Especially since on older versions this problem did not exist. If new problems occur due to change in the version then these problems should be fixed and not left as " It's the way cTrader works and you need to work around it."

At any case the minimum I expect is to get some sort of an answer in the forum and not let me hang in the air without knowing if the subject is under investigation or completely ignore. Especially since in the past there were more than one issues which turned out to be a bug on your side and not my code.

@eynt

PanagiotisChar
26 Jan 2023, 09:46

Hi eynt,

I don't work for cTrader, I am just trying to help you. It seems the product team introduced this limitation for their own reasons, so I don't think it can be considered a bug. It's a rule that you need to follow, your cBot needs to stop within a certain limit else the platform will force it to shut down. If you still insist that its a bug, I would advise you to share the cBot code so that the product team is able to reproduce.

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar

eynt
26 Jan 2023, 14:14

RE:

I was not aware you do not work for cTrader, I find it a bit strange there's no official support. If a user encounters some sort of a problem, who can he reach out to? I appreciate your help.

I've noticed there was a new version released which has a good chance of solving the problem. i did not have the time to check it. In the meantime, I found a workaround - I run each symbol with a different cBot app instead of several instances on the same app.

@eynt

PanagiotisChar
27 Jan 2023, 09:12

Hi eynt,

There is no official support since you are not a client of Spotware. Official support should be provided by your broker with whom you have a relationship.

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar