Tradingview/Webhook to ctrader

Created at 11 Jan 2023, 22:43
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HG

hgrams

Joined 22.02.2018

Tradingview/Webhook to ctrader
11 Jan 2023, 22:43

Hi!

Does anyone know if there is any tool that trades in ctrader by commands sent via webhook? (Something similar to pineconnector.com and tradingview.to for mt5)

I found this post here on the forum but it seems the site mentioned is no longer online. 

Thanks!

@hgrams
Replies

PanagiotisChar
12 Jan 2023, 10:00

Hi there, 

Why don't you use a broker that allows you to connect your cTrader trading account with TradingView?

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

hgrams
12 Jan 2023, 15:18

RE:

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi there, 

Why don't you use a broker that allows you to connect your cTrader trading account with TradingView?

Aieden Technologies

Hi,

I have a script in tradingview that tracks 15 assets in different timeframes, when it identifies a signal, it generates an alert and sends it to my webhook and I transfer it to mt5 to open/close a position.

From what I understood in tradingiview, I still cannot open and close a position using a script

@hgrams

PanagiotisChar
13 Jan 2023, 11:59

Hi, 

Understood. If you don't find a solution, we would be happy to help you convert your script to cTrader. I believe it would be the best solution for the long term.

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar

hgrams
13 Jan 2023, 18:36

RE:

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi, 

Understood. If you don't find a solution, we would be happy to help you convert your script to cTrader. I believe it would be the best solution for the long term.

Aieden Technologies

Thanks!

Would it be very difficult to convert the script?

I'm not a programmer and I just didn't think about it because I made the script based on what I saw in the examples of other scripts on tradingview and I don't know if I could do it on ctrader.

My script is this: https://br.tradingview.com/script/XR3rBEhd/

so to generate the alert I made another one where instead of generating the table and the text, I just generated the alert. The alert is only triggered based on the symbol column text

@hgrams

PanagiotisChar
16 Jan 2023, 10:07

Hi again, 

I can't advise by just looking at the screenshot and the script, I would need a description of how it works and some functional requirements. If you are interested, send me an email to development@clickalgo.com and we can take it from there.

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar