Incorrect margin and margin used during backtest and optimization version 4.5.4

Created at 09 Jan 2023, 12:07
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

notzen

Joined 30.01.2017

Incorrect margin and margin used during backtest and optimization version 4.5.4
09 Jan 2023, 12:07

Hello,
margin is sometimes N/A or stays negative with last closed positions in positive
I see this on many pass and in the backtesting and i see this also reflects in  optimization
also ctrader keep sometimes freeze as "not responding" then after 3-5 sec came back.

ctrader version 4.5.4

here the screenshots

another example about incorrect margin during back test (and optimization )
also the position is 0.02 and margin with 1:500 should be 4 euro but it state margin used 8
ctrader version 4.5.4

then at position closed is still showing an incorrect margin and margin used

@notzen
Replies

Spotware
10 Jan 2023, 11:43

Dear trader,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this behavior using a simple cBot. If you can share a cBot and exact steps that allow us to reproduce this behavior, we are happy to look at this further.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

notzen
10 Jan 2023, 16:07

RE:

Dear Spotware,

Cannot share the algo sourcecode  but I prepared a video to show better the issue, can you  indicate a mailbox or ftp where I can send it ? (eventually I can send a portion of the code relative to the advanced  SL/TP used.

Spotware said:

Dear trader,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this behavior using a simple cBot. If you can share a cBot and exact steps that allow us to reproduce this behavior, we are happy to look at this further.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@notzen

Spotware
13 Jan 2023, 14:28

Dear trader,

Please send it to us at community@ctrader.com.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware