massive memory leaks v4.4.23

Created at 30 Dec 2022, 22:10
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
J.

J.Lo

Joined 23.10.2021

massive memory leaks v4.4.23
30 Dec 2022, 22:10

Fyi, running into this issue. I just start the trader and let it sit idle for a while. (no trades, no back testing)

however there are clearly memory leaks, any ideas/fixes? 

Side note: After approximately 5-10 min (again siting idle, the memory consumption has dropped to 965MB).

@J.Lo
Replies

J.Lo
30 Dec 2022, 22:21 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

J.Lo said:

Fyi, running into this issue. I just start the trader and let it sit idle for a while. (no trades, no back testing)

however there are clearly memory leaks, any ideas/fixes? 

Side note: After approximately 5-10 min (again siting idle, the memory consumption has dropped to 965MB).

And its jumped back to over 12GB memory. something weird is going on *shrug

Side note: i did recently upgrade my bot to .net 6. (but as i stated previously, i just opened ctrader and let it run idle)

@J.Lo

Spotware
02 Jan 2023, 09:18

Dear trader,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens. Paste a link to this discussion inside the text box.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

J.Lo
08 Jan 2023, 23:35

RE:

I might have uncovered a contributing factor

unfortunately cTrader is installed in the documents folder . this is the same folder that automatically is added to Microsoft OneDrive (new pc install for windows 10). all these files are then synced and managed by Microsoft. I would be nervous trying to run an application with source files located in a onedrive location *shrug

fyi,  i changed my default one drive location and the stability and memory allocation has improved 

@J.Lo