Process was unexpectedly terminated

Created at 14 Dec 2022, 13:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid4797769

Joined 16.06.2022

Process was unexpectedly terminated
14 Dec 2022, 13:35

Hi Guys,

I have a big problem. After upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2.22.8454 - Pepperstone, I get this "message" in the log, no matter what cbot I try to run, even your sample cbots like "Sample cBot Reference SMA"    

I tryed to install 4.5.1.10845 direct download from Spotware. Stille the same error. 

I have anoter machine running without any problem and with the same cTrader version 4.2.22.8454.

I tryed to reinstall the whole machine but same error. 

Why?

13/11/2022 02:00:00.000 | CBot instance [BreakOut_004_001, EURUSD, h1] started.
13/11/2022 02:00:00.000 | CBot instance [BreakOut_004_001, EURUSD, h1] process was unexpectedly terminated.

Kind Regards Dennis

@ctid4797769
Replies

Spotware
15 Dec 2022, 09:12

Dear trader,

Please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens. Please paste the link to this discussion inside the text box.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

ctid4797769
22 Dec 2022, 21:05 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear trader,

Please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens. Please paste the link to this discussion inside the text box.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

What do you mean with troubleshooting information? I just installed the version 4.5.3.11223 and it's the same issue. I think I found something to look at. If I compile in .net 4 it works but changing to .net 6 it does not. 

Can it be an issue with the sdk here? But on the other hand it give no meaning since it's working on a nother machine with same settings...

@ctid4797769

Spotware
23 Dec 2022, 09:22

Dear trader,

Click on the link we provided above to see how to send troubleshooting information.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

ctid4797769
27 Dec 2022, 14:12

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear trader,

Click on the link we provided above to see how to send troubleshooting information.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

I already did that twice with no feedback?

I did it again right now 27.12.2022 13:09 Local time here in Denmark

@ctid4797769

drewisdad
28 Jan 2023, 09:29 ( Updated at: 28 Jan 2023, 09:53 )

RE: RE:

Hi,

Did you get a resolution to this?  I have the same problem.

I've a new laptop, new visual studio 19 & 22 installed, new ctrader 4.4 version from IcMarkets.

Am I missing a .NET package or something?

Thanks in advance if you could help :)

Found the answer elsewhere on ctrader... I needed to give AccessRights.FullAccess.  Interesting that this is not needed on my old puter for this indicator which is running vs19 & 22 as well.  So I guess the question remains that there must be an environment difference.   My old puter is running windows 10 not 11. Maybe?

I'll leave this here in case anyone knows the answer :)

Thanks again

@drewisdad

Spotware
30 Jan 2023, 09:30

Dear trader,

Do you still experience this problem using 4.6.2?

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

Hansen
30 Jan 2023, 13:47

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear trader,

Best regards,

cTrader Team

The problem is still in 4.6.2

The workaround method is set  `AccessRights = AccessRights.FullAccess`.

@Hansen

josef.van.niekerk
08 Feb 2023, 12:12

I'm having the same issue in cTrader 4.6.3, even when compiling the samples that come with cTrader out of the box in .NET 6.

However, if I set the AccessRights as recommended above, everything works just fine, but it's not ideal. Hoping it will be fixed in the next version.

@josef.van.niekerk

ctid4797769
10 Mar 2023, 13:23

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear trader,

Best regards,

cTrader Team

It doesn't work for me to run all my bots with full access rights anymore. It was nice that we could quickly fix with this full access solution, but honestly, it's not serious that this error has been here since version 4.1 and we are now in 4.6.4 and the error is still here.

Whats the plan, is there anythin I can do on my PC to fix this. 

Thanks Dennis

@ctid4797769

pick
10 Mar 2023, 13:40

If your problem appears to be when running .net 6 - do you have the runtimes installed?

If you head into cmd and type "dotnet --list-runtimes", what do you have listed?

@pick

josef.van.niekerk
10 Mar 2023, 13:42

ctid4797769 said:

Spotware said:

Dear trader,

Best regards,

cTrader Team

It doesn't work for me to run all my bots with full access rights anymore. It was nice that we could quickly fix with this full access solution, but honestly, it's not serious that this error has been here since version 4.1 and we are now in 4.6.4 and the error is still here.

Thanks Dennis

I second that, I think this needs to be fixed.We're at version 4.6.4 already. Seems like a small issue to fix.

@josef.van.niekerk

Spotware
10 Mar 2023, 15:52

Dear traders, 

Does anyone of you that experience the issue run cTrader on a virtual machine hosted on Linux or an ARM processor?

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

firemyst
12 Mar 2023, 04:41

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear traders, 

Does anyone of you that experience the issue run cTrader on a virtual machine hosted on Linux or an ARM processor?

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware, see also this thread. Seems to still be happening to people as of March 10, 2023:

@firemyst

ishulev
19 Mar 2023, 16:51

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear traders, 

Best regards,

cTrader Team

Yep! 

Happens to me :) Is there a workaround?

@ishulev

PanagiotisChar
20 Mar 2023, 10:15

Hi all,

Try setting your AccessRights to FullAccess. It was the solution to the problem anytime I came across this.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

ctid4797769
24 Mar 2023, 20:21

ctid4797769 said:

Spotware said:

Dear trader,

Best regards,

cTrader Team

Thanks Dennis

I tryed with 4.6.4 it's the newest one?

@ctid4797769

Spotware
27 Mar 2023, 09:19

RE: RE: RE:

ctid4797769 said:

ctid4797769 said:

Spotware said:

Dear trader,

Best regards,

cTrader Team

Thanks Dennis

Dear trader,

This issue happens on specific processors and environments. We do not have immediate plans to support those cases at the moment so you will need to use the FullAccess workaround at the moment.

Best regards,

cTrader Team 

@Spotware

ctid4797769
22 Apr 2023, 14:49

ctid4797769 said:

Spotware said:

Dear trader,

Best regards,

cTrader Team

Thanks Dennis

Can we expect any fix on this? You do a lot of nice development with the platform in general, but you need to keep some focus on fixing old errors, it is like three steps forward and 2 backward in my mind. The two steps backward cost an enormous of time as professional traders. Now with the Pepperstone update to 4.6.6 all my custom indicators stop working and it's the same problem with the access rights. Please fix the old backlog before your community are leaving for a better choice!  I see other people facing the same challenges 

@ctid4797769

ctid4797769
22 Apr 2023, 14:54

RE: RE: RE: RE:

Spotware said:

ctid4797769 said:

ctid4797769 said:

Spotware said:

Dear trader,

Best regards,

cTrader Team

Thanks Dennis

Dear trader,

This issue happens on specific processors and environments. We do not have immediate plans to support those cases at the moment so you will need to use the FullAccess workaround at the moment.

Best regards,

cTrader Team 

It makes no sense. I had a fully functional environment working on my machine and after reinstalling all fucks up with ctrader. Same machine, same ctrader version

@ctid4797769

ctid4797769
22 Apr 2023, 14:54

RE: RE: RE: RE:

Spotware said:

ctid4797769 said:

ctid4797769 said:

Spotware said:

Dear trader,

Best regards,

cTrader Team

Thanks Dennis

Dear trader,

Best regards,

cTrader Team 

It makes no sense. I had a fully functional environment working on my machine and after reinstalling all fucks up with ctrader. Same machine, same ctrader version

@ctid4797769