Backtesting Data is no longer cached?

Created at 14 Nov 2022, 00:12
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JA

jaydcrowe1989

Joined 11.08.2022

Backtesting Data is no longer cached?
14 Nov 2022, 00:12

Hi,

I have just downloaded the latest version of CTrader (4.4.19) and every time I open CTrader I have to download the data I need for backtesting each time. It use to cache?

Is there a settings key somewhere?

Cheers,

Jay

@jaydcrowe1989
Replies

Spotware
14 Nov 2022, 08:49

Dear Jay,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Can you please record a video demonstrating this behavior?

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

jaydcrowe1989
14 Nov 2022, 12:12

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Jay,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Can you please record a video demonstrating this behavior?

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

Please click the link below to view the short video. I run my bot over 6 months, close CTrader, re-open it and then go to re run my back test without changing anything and it has to load the data again. I am on the latest version of windows 11.

https://we.tl/t-94qNHe4bY7

@jaydcrowe1989

jaydcrowe1989
15 Nov 2022, 16:04

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Jay,

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

Is there any update on this please?

@jaydcrowe1989

Spotware
16 Nov 2022, 12:19

Dear Jay,

We were not able to reproduce the problem. Are you able to reproduce this with any of the sample bots? If not, please share your cBot code so that we can reproduce this behavior.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

jaydcrowe1989
16 Nov 2022, 12:56

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Jay,

We were not able to reproduce the problem. Are you able to reproduce this with any of the sample bots? If not, please share your cBot code so that we can reproduce this behavior.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

It is definitely an issue with the latest version of CTrader. I have another PC with an older version on, running the same bot and it caches the data as expected and does not have to reload it every time I close the application and re-open it.

@jaydcrowe1989

acrigney
17 Nov 2022, 14:52

RE: RE:

This is definitely a problem for me now, I setup one of my traders today on a new machine and the backtest data was not cached.

jaydcrowe1989 said:

Spotware said:

Dear Jay,

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@acrigney

jaydcrowe1989
17 Nov 2022, 17:46

RE: RE: RE:

acrigney said:

This is definitely a problem for me now, I setup one of my traders today on a new machine and the backtest data was not cached.

jaydcrowe1989 said:

Spotware said:

Dear Jay,

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

The only way I could get it to work again was to uninstall all versions, run ccleaner to tidy up the registry, delete the algo and ctrader folder from my documents, the go to the AppData folder for the logged in user, delete the Spotware Folders from Local and Roaming and then reinstall Ctrader. Mine is now working.

There is definitely an issue when CTrader upgrades.

@jaydcrowe1989