Backtest Data Download

Created at 24 Nov 2014, 20:28
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
PR

Prospect

Joined 21.03.2014

Backtest Data Download
24 Nov 2014, 20:28

Hi All,

Is it possible to download the backtest data to an external format through the platform?

Essentially I'm trying to get the backtest data in a format such as CSV to run through an external system to then feed back into an indicator.

Thanks.

@Prospect
Replies

jobenb
25 Nov 2014, 13:01

RE:

badmonkeyface said:

Hi All,

Is it possible to download the backtest data to an external format through the platform?

Essentially I'm trying to get the backtest data in a format such as CSV to run through an external system to then feed back into an indicator.

Thanks.

There is unfortunately no such function within the platform.

One option would be to write a cBot that writes every tick in OnTick to a file and then run a backtest with the historical tick data that you want to export.

@jobenb

Prospect
25 Nov 2014, 15:42

RE: RE:

jobenb said:

badmonkeyface said:

Hi All,

Thanks.

There is unfortunately no such function within the platform.

One option would be to write a cBot that writes every tick in OnTick to a file and then run a backtest with the historical tick data that you want to export.

Good idea, I hadn't thought of that!

I had resorted to historical data from dukascopy although there seems to be much debate around the completeness of the data.

Thanks.

@Prospect

joeatbayes
22 Dec 2014, 02:54

RE:

See: /algos/cbots/show/591   for the first 1/2 of what you wanted.  I had not planned to release the other have but might do so if there is sufficient interest.

badmonkeyface said:

Hi All,

Thanks.

@joeatbayes