Ctrader bot is freezing Ctrader when the backtesting has completed

Created at 20 Oct 2022, 19:12
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JA

jaydcrowe1989

Joined 11.08.2022

Ctrader bot is freezing Ctrader when the backtesting has completed
20 Oct 2022, 19:12

Hi,

Has anyone come across the issue where CTrader hangs and freezes for quite a while once a back test has completed? I am back testing a bot over the previous year?

Cheers,

Jay

@jaydcrowe1989
Replies

Spotware
21 Oct 2022, 08:51

Hi Jay,

If you can share the cBot code and backtesting settings, we can have a look at it.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

capanna.paolo
21 Oct 2022, 09:46 ( Updated at: 21 Oct 2022, 09:47 )

RE:

Hi jaydcrowe1989,

I had exactly the same issue, i let it run the whole night and in the morning i had my trade statistics...so it takes ages but in the end you get what you need.

(I was backtesting on 3 years)

I logged a ticket on the cTrader help portal but no answer so far after 3 days...

Cheers

jaydcrowe1989 said:

Hi,

Has anyone come across the issue where CTrader hangs and freezes for quite a while once a back test has completed? I am back testing a bot over the previous year?

Cheers,

Jay

@capanna.paolo

jaydcrowe1989
25 Oct 2022, 15:46

RE: RE:

capanna.paolo said:

Hi jaydcrowe1989,

I had exactly the same issue, i let it run the whole night and in the morning i had my trade statistics...so it takes ages but in the end you get what you need.

I logged a ticket on the cTrader help portal but no answer so far after 3 days...

Cheers

jaydcrowe1989 said:

Hi,

Cheers,

Jay

Yeah no matter how long I run the back test for CTrader just freezes at the end of the back test and hangs for around 5 minutes. I can literally run the back test for one day and still the whole desktop app just freezes. Its as if it is not letting go of something? It never use to do this and I have created many different bots in CTrader

@jaydcrowe1989

jaydcrowe1989
03 Nov 2022, 00:11

RE: RE:

capanna.paolo said:

Hi jaydcrowe1989,

Cheers

jaydcrowe1989 said:

Hi,

Cheers,

Jay

I have just worked out what was causing my issue! I was using the Print method quite a lot to print information to the log. I have taken these out and it no longer hangs at the end of a back test.

@jaydcrowe1989