Differences in backtesting between Tradingview and ctrader

Created at 29 Sep 2022, 12:07
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MI

mindfulness

Joined 04.07.2021

Differences in backtesting between Tradingview and ctrader
29 Sep 2022, 12:07

Hello,

i have converted a real huge pine script to ctrader. When backtesting with different time ranges, i see a big difference between the backtest results on TV and ctrader. The bigger the time range the bigger the difference. Even pairs in profit when backtesting in TV, are in ctrader in loss.
I have tested time ranges of 3, 6 month and 5 years. In tradinview the 3 month range with "normal" backtesting and the higher ranges with the deep backtesting future. I know it´s still beta.

Before i start to go again to compare both scripts, has someone else this experience? Which one is more trustable, without doing month of testing in a demo account?

@mindfulness
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Sep 2022, 12:12

Hi mindfulness,

That's expected because TradingView does not really backtest. It just post processes information by connectiing dots on prepopulated charts. So many times the results are way off.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

mindfulness
30 Sep 2022, 09:10

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi mindfulness,

That's expected because TradingView does not really backtest. It just post processes information by connectiing dots on prepopulated charts. So many times the results are way off.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

Hi Pana,

thanks for the info

br

Alex

@mindfulness