cTrader 4.2 and higher unusable for running cBots on real accounts

Created at 28 Sep 2022, 17:55
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TH

thomas.abele

Joined 31.12.2017

cTrader 4.2 and higher unusable for running cBots on real accounts
28 Sep 2022, 17:55

Hi,

I have running a cBot without source on a server. cTrader version is 4.3.12.

The cBot is using Bollinger Bands.

When running for a while the Bollinger Bands are not updated any more, LastValue gives back an old value! Is this a known bug?

As well after some time, when switching between symbols I can see only a black empty area. Is this a known bug too?

The cBot was running fine for years prior version 4.2.

Best Regards

Thomas

@thomas.abele
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Sep 2022, 10:16

Hi Thomas,

We are not aware of any issues. To be able to address it we will need to source code and steps to reproduce.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

thomas.abele
29 Sep 2022, 12:59 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Thomas,

We are not aware of any issues. To be able to address it we will need to source code and steps to reproduce.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

Hi Panagiotis,

that sounds not good, of course I cannot share the cBot code as it is a working, money making cBot.

cTrader looks like this below if you switch the symbol.

Just copy any cbot to another pc and run it for a few days, then switch the symbol and it will look as below, no chance to get the chart, you have to restart cTrader.

@thomas.abele

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Sep 2022, 14:18

Hi Thomas,

The screenshot you sent is not related to 

When running for a while the Bollinger Bands are not updated any more, LastValue gives back an old value! Is this a known bug?

We are not able to assess if there is a problem and what it is,  unless we have some source code that reproduces the issue. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

thomas.abele
29 Sep 2022, 14:30 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

Hi Thomas,

We are not able to assess if there is a problem and what it is,  unless we have some source code that reproduces the issue. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

the screen shot is related to to the second issue

it can be easily reproduced, just copy any cbot to another pc and run it for a few days, then switch the symbol and it will look as below, no chance to get the chart, you have to restart cTrader. I know I don't have this issue on my development pc where I build the algo file. That happens if you copy only the algo file to another pc.

@thomas.abele

acrigney
29 Sep 2022, 14:31

RE:

Guys I get this kind of problem all the time, if I start one bot or select one bot instance when I try to switch to another one I get a frozen screen, this has been happing with all of the latest versions such as 4.2 and 4.3.x

Hi Thomas,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@acrigney

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Sep 2022, 14:31

Hi Thomas,

This is a known issue and we are looking into it.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous