Fractals latest arrow

Created at 09 Sep 2022, 16:05
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JA

jaydcrowe1989

Joined 11.08.2022

Fractals latest arrow
09 Sep 2022, 16:05

Hi,

Has anyone used the Fractals indicator and managed to get the latest arrow successfully? So essentially the last one?

Cheers,

Jay

@jaydcrowe1989
Replies

prosteel1
09 Sep 2022, 16:28 ( Updated at: 09 Sep 2022, 16:33 )

RE:

jaydcrowe1989 said:

Hi,

Has anyone used the Fractals indicator and managed to get the latest arrow successfully? So essentially the last one?

Cheers,

Jay

Fractals are a bit strange, technically you need 5 bars to confirm a fractal, with 3 bars since the high or low minimum. I have seen the indicator but have implemented it myself instead in the way I prefer.

I don't like how the indicator works myself

The youtube channel for the inventor of the fractal is youtube.com/c/Profitunity

@prosteel1

jaydcrowe1989
09 Sep 2022, 16:34

RE: RE:

prosteel1 said:

jaydcrowe1989 said:

Hi,

Cheers,

Jay

Fractals are a bit strange, technically you need 5 bars to confirm a fractal, with 3 bars since the high or low minimum. I have seen the indicator but have implemented it myself instead in the way I prefer.

The youtube channel for the inventor of the fractal is youtube.com/c/Profitunity

I know how to use it and I can see it on the chart fine. My problem is when I am trying to use it within a bot I need to get the last value and determine if it was up or down. At the moment it seems like I can get the last up and the last down but not determine what the latest value was.

@jaydcrowe1989

jaydcrowe1989
09 Sep 2022, 16:34

RE: RE:

prosteel1 said:

jaydcrowe1989 said:

Hi,

Cheers,

Jay

I know how to use it and I can see it on the chart fine. My problem is when I am trying to use it within a bot I need to get the last value and determine if it was up or down. At the moment it seems like I can get the last up and the last down but not determine what the latest value was.

@jaydcrowe1989

prosteel1
09 Sep 2022, 16:39 ( Updated at: 09 Sep 2022, 16:47 )

RE: RE: RE:

jaydcrowe1989 said:

prosteel1 said:

jaydcrowe1989 said:

Hi,

Cheers,

Jay

Can you post the bot code or a link to which one you are using? I could have a look. 

@prosteel1