cTrader 4.2 - still not working properly

Created at 07 Sep 2022, 15:08
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CR

crou

Joined 01.04.2019

cTrader 4.2 - still not working properly
07 Sep 2022, 15:08

Hello,

version 4.2. of the platform seems to not work properly as opposed to previous versions.

The below code is supposed to draw multiple objects and it is only drawing the last one.

Besides that the code within the coding section doesn't adjust to the proper columns after it's been saved.

using cAlgo.API;

namespace cAlgo
{
    [Indicator(IsOverlay = true,AccessRights = AccessRights.None)]
    public class NewIndicator : Indicator
    {
        protected override void Initialize()
        {

}

public override void Calculate(int index)
        {
            if(index > 0)
             {
                Chart.DrawText(index.ToString(),"H",index,Bars.HighPrices[index], Color.Green);        
              Chart.DrawText(index.ToString(),"L",index,Bars.LowPrices[index], Color.Red);        
                   Chart.DrawRectangle(index.ToString(),index,Bars.HighPrices[index ],index-1,Bars.LowPrices[index-1],Color.White);
                }

}
    }
}

Also like I wrote in a separate post, it is suspending indicators due to errors for big multi timeframe multi instance multi chart setups. The indicators don't report any errors and they worked on those setups before the 4.2 update without that suspending functionality.

@crou
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Sep 2022, 15:16

Hi crou, 

Regarding the code sample, you need to have a different name for each object. Else the later will override the previous.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

crou
07 Sep 2022, 15:21

Right, with this one I rushed a little, but the other ones are still valid.

@crou

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Sep 2022, 15:29

Hi crou,

Besides that the code within the coding section doesn't adjust to the proper columns after it's been saved.

Not sure what do you mean with this. Please elaborate.

Also like I wrote in a separate post, it is suspending indicators due to errors for big multi timeframe multi instance multi chart setups. The indicators don't report any errors and they worked on those setups before the 4.2 update without that suspending functionality.

We need the indicators to be able to reproduce the problem

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

crou
07 Sep 2022, 15:40

Hi,

when you look at the code above, you can see that the lines start in random places.

There used to be automatic tabulations before. After saving or building the file, the text was being formatted.

@crou

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Sep 2022, 15:43

Hi crou,

If you are referring to the auto format option, the new update features a new code editor that does not support auto formatiing. You can use an external IDE if you need such a feature.

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

crou
07 Sep 2022, 16:40 ( Updated at: 10 Sep 2022, 16:50 )

Hi Panagiotis,

Yes, I meant the auto format functionalty.

Why has that been taken away after all the years it had been there. This is so fundamental.

Is it possible to stay on the 4.1 version avoiding any future updates.

@crou

crou
10 Sep 2022, 17:00 ( Updated at: 10 Sep 2022, 17:01 )

I have just read at the bottom of "What's New" that Auto Format is now to be done with Ctrl + D.

It could be done on save too though.

@crou