cTrader 4.2 - Indicator instance process stopped responding and was terminated

Created at 06 Sep 2022, 15:58
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CR

crou

Joined 01.04.2019

cTrader 4.2 - Indicator instance process stopped responding and was terminated
06 Sep 2022, 15:58

Hello,

with cTrader version 4.2 indicators started to get suspended displaying information and the platform became slow.

I thought threading has been causing that as I used tasks to play sounds asynchronously.

However it looks to be all written well, therefore I don't know why has that been happening.

I am using a lot of charts with multiple instances of the indicator on each chart.

It was working fine until the 4.2 update.

This is very important to me. Please advise.

Thank you.

@crou
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Sep 2022, 16:14

Hi crou,

Can you share the indicator code?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

crou
06 Sep 2022, 16:29 ( Updated at: 09 Sep 2022, 18:30 )

Hi Panagiotis,

not quite as that has been an indicator I made for someone as a job about two years ago and now he got back to me.

Generally the idea is very simple. The mentioned sound is to be played when the market criteria are being met.

The indicator is multitimeframe. I am attaching multiple instances on each of multiple charts.

When there is a few charts it is slow but not suspended. When adding more charts, they all became suspended.

It has never been like that before.

EDIT:

I think the point is that for the single instance of the indicator the sound is being played at the same time for all the time frames when the market criteria are being met. And there are multiple instances on a lot of charts. Maybe they should be ran one by one and not at the same time.

EDIT 2:

Now I am sure it is not about the threading. The 4.2 version seems to not to be able to handle a lot of data.

When I turned off the sounds and even displaying the moving averages lines, all the indicators still become suspended for a bigger setup.

@crou

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Sep 2022, 08:19

Hi crou,

Unfortunately it is hard to access the problem without the actual indicator's code.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

crou
09 Sep 2022, 16:43 ( Updated at: 09 Sep 2022, 18:35 )

Hi,

the problem looks like independent from the indicators code. It seems that the platform can not handle many instances of the same indicator at the same time.

After creating a setup with a template of multiple instances of new indicator on each chart, when refreshed they get all suspended.

Indicator instance process stopped responding and was terminated

The person that has been using the indicators got back to the 4.1 version and they are working normally back again like they have been for years.

No errors, no performance issues and they are multi time frame, using references, timers, etc.

Something must be done with that suspending functionality. It either should not be there or it should be an option or it should be limited to errors in the code (like crashes). The performance part just must work like before the 4.2 update.

@crou

crou
12 Sep 2022, 12:33

^

@crou

comidea.it
13 Sep 2022, 18:49 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: Same Issue

Hi, I have same issue with different indicator, If open all cross Forex. 

crou said:

Hi,

the problem looks like independent from the indicators code. It seems that the platform can not handle many instances of the same indicator at the same time.

After creating a setup with a template of multiple instances of new indicator on each chart, when refreshed they get all suspended.

Indicator instance process stopped responding and was terminated

The person that has been using the indicators got back to the 4.1 version and they are working normally back again like they have been for years.

No errors, no performance issues and they are multi time frame, using references, timers, etc.

Something must be done with that suspending functionality. It either should not be there or it should be an option or it should be limited to errors in the code (like crashes). The performance part just must work like before the 4.2 update.

@comidea.it