ctrader 4.2 optimization timeframes problem

Created at 18 Aug 2022, 03:10
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DR

drewisdad

Joined 27.04.2022

ctrader 4.2 optimization timeframes problem
18 Aug 2022, 03:10

Hi,

When I select multiple timeframes in the optimization area, the results come back without showing me what timeframe was used to achieve those results.

In the previous version I would merely have to click on 'Apply' and the symbol instance would automatically be changed to the timeframe used in the optimization. But now in the 4.2 release it doesn't change the timeframe of the symbol instance and there is no output to discern what timeframe the optimization used to get that result with.

IE:- running optimisation on AUD/USD (or any symbol), selecting timeframes 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; letting it run for 30mins till finished. Then selecting 'Apply', this doesn't change the symbol instance timeframe. 

Could you please tell me how to achieve this?

I'd just like to be able to see which timeframe was used for the individual results returned. Even if it's after clicking 'Apply' like the old version used to do.

Thanks in advance

@drewisdad
Replies

drewisdad
06 Sep 2022, 10:08

Could someone tell me where I can see the timeframe used on an optimization result please.  If I select more than 1 timeframe in the optimization area, I cannot see which timeframe was used to achieve that result.

Many Thanks to anyone who could help me here.

Regards

@drewisdad

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Sep 2022, 12:27

Hi drewisdad,

This is an issue and will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

drewisdad
08 Sep 2022, 11:35

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi drewisdad,

This is an issue and will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

Thank you for the reply Panagiotis.  I thought I was missing something.

@drewisdad

drewisdad
07 Oct 2022, 14:06

Okay... I'll keep this one open and in one place as there are other probs with the optimization area.

1/ as described above

2/ when running an optimization you cannot 'scroll' through the parameters you've selected.  I understand you cannot 'change' the parameters while optimization is happening... but you should at least be able to 'scroll' through the parameters you've selected.

3/ when you set your bot / indicator parameter 'Step', then attempt to adjust in optimization, it completely ignores this when using the up/down arrows to set the required values.  You have to 'manually' overwrite by typing it in. Big pain.

Just feel since 4.2 upgrade, optimization was kicked to the curb and not deemed as important... damn... that can hurt.

@drewisdad