Build Error - Packages are not recognised inside cTrader 4.2.16 platform

Created at 30 Jul 2022, 02:47
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RA

RayAdam

Joined 02.06.2019

Build Error - Packages are not recognised inside cTrader 4.2.16 platform
30 Jul 2022, 02:47

Hi Team,

Could you please look into this issue. Third party Nuget packages are not being recognized inside cTrader platform and build shows errors. In VS2022 the build is successful without any errors. There was no such issue until version 4.1.

screenshot attached below

Thanks, keep up the great work 

Kind regards

@RayAdam
Replies

paolo.panicali
30 Jul 2022, 15:23 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

Quartz 3.4.0 targets to Net 4.6 You have to install Quartz 2.6.0 which is supported by NET 4.0, the one Ctrader Targets

Hello, use Quartz Version 2.6.2. I installed 3.4 and got the same error...Quartz targets to net 4.6....installing 2.6 you can compile on Ctrader, just did it.

as you can see quartz last version targets to net 4.6

quartz 2.6.2 is compatible with a project targeting net 4.0 as Ctrader projects are.

bye.

@paolo.panicali

paolo.panicali
30 Jul 2022, 15:38

Build succeded...Quartz 2.6.2

I necessarily have to use a net version >4 for a project, so what I did was a console App in visual studio and made the Ctrader Bot or Indicator executing it and catching the output value/s:

string filename = "C:\\Yourpath\\ConsoleApp1.exe";
                var proc = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(filename, text);
                proc.CloseMainWindow();
                proc.Close();

At least this is what I found out, maybe Spotaware team can provide you a better solution...

bye

@paolo.panicali

RayAdam
01 Aug 2022, 15:18 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: Build succeded...Quartz 2.6.2

paolo.panicali said:

I necessarily have to use a net version >4 for a project, so what I did was a console App in visual studio and made the Ctrader Bot or Indicator executing it and catching the output value/s:

string filename = "C:\\Yourpath\\ConsoleApp1.exe";
                var proc = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(filename, text);
                proc.CloseMainWindow();
                proc.Close();

At least this is what I found out, maybe Spotaware team can provide you a better solution...

bye

thanks for your input but seems like you are still on cTrader 4.1 platform. I have no problem on 4.1 as I mentioned in my post already.

My cTrader platform has upgraded recently to 4.2.16 which is using dot net version 6 and I'm getting the error since.

Waiting for spotware to respond with some workaround or a permanent fix

@RayAdam

paolo.panicali
01 Aug 2022, 17:11 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

I updated to ctrader 4.3.9, the issue can be solved changing the Ctrader compiler as per a previous post on this forum

@paolo.panicali

paolo.panicali
01 Aug 2022, 17:17

And if you didn t remember to install Net 6 sdk and runtimes from the microsoft official page

@paolo.panicali

RayAdam
02 Aug 2022, 02:59 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: And if you didn t remember to install Net 6 sdk and runtimes from the microsoft official page

paolo.panicali said:

Thanks again for your input, appreciated. I have changed the compiler to 6.0 as per your post and successfully build inside cTrader platform. But "using Quartz" is still showing red line underneath and on mouse hovering show the below message. any thought on that?

@RayAdam