Backtest multiple indicators

Created at 19 Jun 2022, 06:40
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CG

cg_trader

Joined 19.06.2022

Backtest multiple indicators
19 Jun 2022, 06:40

Is it possible to automate the backtesting with multiple indicators (separately) and currency pairs (separately)? For example:

I want to backtest:

• One time period e.g 1/1/2021-1/1/2022
  • Two indicators with crossover signals e.g. MACD and SSL
  • On two currency pairs e.g. AUDUSD and AUDNZD
  • Provide four sets of results
    • MACD / AUDUSD
    • MACD / AUDNZD
    • SSL / AUDUSD
    • SSL / AUDNZD

The only way I can think to achieve this is to set the Indicators as numbered variables and then loop though them using Optimization. Is there a better way to do this?

@cg_trader
Replies

amusleh
20 Jun 2022, 09:47

Hi,

You can access more than one symbol data on back test environment, you just have to load the symbols data, create separate instances of indicators you use for each symbol data.

@amusleh

cg_trader
20 Jun 2022, 09:51

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

You can access more than one symbol data on back test environment, you just have to load the symbols data, create separate instances of indicators you use for each symbol data.

Thanks Amusleh, I'm more thinking of multiple indicators.... alsmost like automating the backtest function itself to run multiple backtests with different configurations and have separate reports for each run...?

@cg_trader