need help to understand this bot: "Daily Candle Breakout"

Created at 03 Jun 2022, 18:52
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AL

al-n

Joined 03.01.2021

need help to understand this bot: "Daily Candle Breakout"
03 Jun 2022, 18:52

hi there. i found the following  bot and there are some points that i don´t really can read through. so I thought maybe someone can help me.

this is the bot: https://ctrader.com/algos/cbots/show/984

first of all on line 28-30 is written:
// Defines relevant bar minimal size

[Parameter("Min Bar Size", DefaultValue = 66, MinValue = 1)]

public int minBarSize { get; set; }

and on line 36-38 the following:
 // Breakout threshold in pips

[Parameter("Breakout Trigger In Pips", DefaultValue = 9, MinValue = 0)]

public int breakoutPips { get; set; }

does that mean that for example it i choose 5 for the "Min Bar Size" and would leave the "Breakout Trigger In Pips" by 9 pips
the bot would trigger when a candle had a range of 5 pips total (inkl high/low) plus the next candle breaking out of mim 9 pips ???

and besides that i have tried to prevent stop loss but it still triggers somehow. 

as u can see in the screeshot the first trade ist opendes and the sl has been triggered. can someone maybe tell me why accourding to my settings on the parameter pannel?

i have set SL to  6500055 just to have enough space and "Equity Stop Loss Ratio" to zero. but it still triggerd stop loss.

@al-n
Replies

amusleh
06 Jun 2022, 08:16

Hi,

You should post this on that cBot comments section, and the developer can help you.

@amusleh

al-n
06 Jun 2022, 12:07

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

You should post this on that cBot comments section, and the developer can help you.

ok thank you.

@al-n