Bot to manage bots

Created at 03 May 2022, 19:11
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
PR

Prospect

Joined 21.03.2014

Bot to manage bots
03 May 2022, 19:11

Is it possible to programmatically start/stop bots from another bot? 

It might be nice to have a watcher/manager that starts/stops bots based on different market conditions, perhaps even based on monitored profitability, maybe programmatically ran optimisation when required. 

I get that you could write all of this into one bot (less the optimisation part), but I'm interested if anyone has explored this "manager bot" idea? 

@Prospect
Replies

Prospect
03 May 2022, 19:29

RE:

Prospect said:

Is it possible to programmatically start/stop bots from another bot? 

It might be nice to have a watcher/manager that starts/stops bots based on different market conditions, perhaps even based on monitored profitability, maybe programmatically ran optimisation when required. 

I get that you could write all of this into one bot (less the optimisation part), but I'm interested if anyone has explored this "manager bot" idea? 

Just found conversations going back to 2015 asking for this functionality, would delete my original post if I could....

@Prospect

ghcaplan
27 May 2022, 00:12 ( Updated at: 27 May 2022, 00:14 )

Even if there's no built-in feature, it should be possible to roll your own functionality fairly trivially with something like the ZeroMQ messaging library.

One of the attractions of .Net based platform vs proprietary languages is that it offers access to a huge ecosystem of battle-tested solutions.

@ghcaplan