Automate for Apple Mac

Created at 18 Apr 2022, 14:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FX

Fx4U

Joined 17.10.2021

Automate for Apple Mac
18 Apr 2022, 14:54

when will Automate function be available on Apple Mac?

@Fx4U
Replies

amusleh
18 Apr 2022, 18:48

Hi,

We are working on a cross platform console app that will allow you to run cBots on both Linux and Mac.

Regarding other Automate features like custom indicators you can only use them on a cTrader desktop which will not be available for Mac or Linux because it uses WPF.

@amusleh

Fx4U
23 Apr 2022, 15:56

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

We are working on a cross platform console app that will allow you to run cBots on both Linux and Mac.

Regarding other Automate features like custom indicators you can only use them on a cTrader desktop which will not be available for Mac or Linux because it uses WPF.

It's sad to hear that but thank you for trying anyway

@Fx4U

Fx4U
23 Apr 2022, 15:59 ( Updated at: 23 Apr 2022, 16:01 )

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

I want to ask one more question.
I have created Cbot and run it on VPS. After a while (2 - 3 weeks), Ctrader takes up a lot of RAM (over 1GB). Is there a way to free up RAM without relaunching Ctrader?

@Fx4U

amusleh
26 Apr 2022, 09:46 ( Updated at: 26 Apr 2022, 09:47 )

RE: RE:

Fx4u said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

I want to ask one more question.
I have created Cbot and run it on VPS. After a while (2 - 3 weeks), Ctrader takes up a lot of RAM (over 1GB). Is there a way to free up RAM without relaunching Ctrader?

Hi,

cTrader cBots/Indicators are based on .NET which is a managed programming environment, and .NET has a garbage collector that manages the memory and frees it automatically when your objects aren't used/referenced anymore.

So there is no need for manually freeing up the memory, it's the job of .NET garbage collector.

Regarding your issue, most probably your cBot has memory leaking issue, and you should fix it instead of cleaning the cTrader process memory.

The resource requirement of a cBot depends on your cBot, there is no fixed standard.

@amusleh

anthonyirwin82
09 Aug 2022, 14:15 ( Updated at: 09 Aug 2022, 14:17 )

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

For the WPF stuff you should check out 

It is a cross-platform toolkit that is heavily based on wpf and works on windows, macos and linux.

Also is there any known time frame on being able to run cbots in console as I would love to run on linux vps.

Regards,

Anthony

@anthonyirwin82