Unrecognised Guid format

Created at 17 Apr 2022, 14:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
UV

uvwxyz

Joined 06.02.2017

Unrecognised Guid format
17 Apr 2022, 14:59

Hi

When i copmpile many of my custom indicators in two different brokers cTrader 4.1, I get 'Unrecognised Guid format' error message. These did not happen before launch of cTrader 4.2 for desktop for Spotware's cTrader. Strangely enough they compile in Spotware 4.2 cTrader. Some indicators work in Spotware cTrader4.2 and some in brokers 4.1 cTrader. It is impossible to know which one to use. Any help will be appriciated. 

@uvwxyz
Replies

amusleh
18 Apr 2022, 10:16

Hi,

If you changed the target of your indicator and then recompiled/rebuild an indicator inside cTrader 4.2 then it's project structure changed, if you compile it again on cTrader 4.1 you will get that Guid error.

To solve this issue you can recreate those indicators inside cTrader 4.1 and just copy the code from old ones to new ones.

cTrader 4.2 is backward compatible, but cTrader 4.1 can't use cTrader 4.2 indicators/cBots. 

@amusleh

uvwxyz
18 Apr 2022, 11:20

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

If you changed the target of your indicator and then recompiled/rebuild an indicator inside cTrader 4.2 then it's project structure changed, if you compile it again on cTrader 4.1 you will get that Guid error.

To solve this issue you can recreate those indicators inside cTrader 4.1 and just copy the code from old ones to new ones.

cTrader 4.2 is backward compatible, but cTrader 4.1 can't use cTrader 4.2 indicators/cBots. 

Thanks amusleh for your reply. Yes, what you say had worked, but I had hoped there was a better (ie faster) solution. ( Inserting the called indicators is time consuming and duplicate doesn't work).  Also I thought I had changed only a handful of indicators to 4.2, but I am getting many many more indicators in 4.1 with that Guid error. Perhaps these many many indicators are calling those few changed to 4.2 ones. (Maybe next time I would be cautious and won't be so eager to jump and experiment with a newer version. I will say some of the features of the 4.2 looked and are wonderful such as the editor's colours coding, syntax errors made visual,  new format of comments, etc. That's why I was very hopeful, in experimenting!!)

Thanks again.

@uvwxyz

galafrin
30 Apr 2022, 15:06

RE: RE:

The 4.1 csproj file under path folder is backed up by Beta under csproj.backup  in sane directory. A quickfix replaces last csproj by  backedup csproj an rename to csproj and you are done.

@galafrin

uvwxyz
01 May 2022, 02:56

RE: RE: RE:

galafrin said:

The 4.1 csproj file under path folder is backed up by Beta under csproj.backup  in sane directory. A quickfix replaces last csproj by  backedup csproj an rename to csproj and you are done.

Hi galafrin ,

Thanks very much for your time. That's a good solution to know, thanks.  What I ended up doing was I reloaded my periodically backed up indicators (4.1) from anoher drive and opened them in the brokers 4.1 version.

Cheers.

@uvwxyz

galafrin
02 May 2022, 10:08

RE: RE: RE: RE:

uvwxyz said:

galafrin said:

Hi galafrin ,

Thanks very much for your time. That's a good solution to know, thanks.  What I ended up doing was I reloaded my periodically backed up indicators (4.1) from anoher drive and opened them in the brokers 4.1 version.

Cheers.

Of course but you might end up loosing your eventual updates  in between if the wholde folder is replaced instead of only the csproj !

@galafrin

uvwxyz
02 May 2022, 11:39

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

galafrin said:

uvwxyz said:

galafrin said:

Hi galafrin ,

Cheers.

Of course but you might end up loosing your eventual updates  in between if the wholde folder is replaced instead of only the csproj !

Ok, I didn't realise that. But fotunately, I did re-load only all the backed up csprojs; as I found by comparisions between 4.1 csprojs and 4.2 csprojs that's where the differences were. And csprojs were much smaller in size so faster to reload back. So it was lucky for me!!! (I perridically backup the entire cTrader and CAlgo folders with all the bots and indicators and other related folders that are in them.)

Thanking you.

@uvwxyz

galafrin
03 May 2022, 14:40

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

It had been a mess for you also  to roll back toward 4.1, so I wolud recommand to anyone beta-testing to simply save the Calgo source folder in order to reinstall it before rolling balck.

Cheers

@galafrin