Many Custom indicators suspended and not working now but worked before last update

Created at 01 Apr 2022, 12:28
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
UV

uvwxyz

Joined 06.02.2017

Many Custom indicators suspended and not working now but worked before last update
01 Apr 2022, 12:28

Hi

After yesterdays updat, a large number of my Custom Indicators are now suspended and not working but they worked before last update. The compiler gives no fatal errors, (gives only warnings), but the chats don't plot

This mostly happens when one Custom Indicator calls another. Maybe it is a NaN problem, but I thought new updates are backward compaitable? Any help would be great. 

I read he rollback suggestion in a today's post; will it be helpful for me? ie will the good compiler come with future updates? 

Many thanks.

@uvwxyz
Replies

amusleh
04 Apr 2022, 09:47

Hi,

Are you using the Spotware cTrader Beta 4.2? or your broker cTrader? Which version of cTrader you are using?

The new cTrader 4.2 is backward compatible.

@amusleh

uvwxyz
11 Apr 2022, 12:14

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Are you using the Spotware cTrader Beta 4.2? or your broker cTrader? Which version of cTrader you are using?

The new cTrader 4.2 is backward compatible.

Hi amusleh,

Thanks for the reply. I am using Spotware cTrader Beta 4.2.  Can you please tell us when you think the next upgrade of version 4.2 will be? My indicators codes don't open in the editor. When I open the cTrader 4.2 it comes up with message:

"Exception # D38CF699 in Spoware cTrader 4.2.0.4105:  * An error has occured. The Problem has been submitted to the cTrader team. We apolisse for the inconviencience. Please restart cTrader."

After restarting cTrader same error appears but someimes witth different Exception #. I do not want to download manually beacause I can't afford to lose my many many combinations of indicators in already opened charts. These took me very very long time to make. There are too many templates to remember - which ones I had opened last. ( When Spotware does 'Required Upgrade' these combinations of indicators on opened charts are preserved; when we manually download Automate they are not.) So knowing when the next upgrade will be can help me plan my time accordingly. Thanking you in advance for your usual quick replys

@uvwxyz

amusleh
11 Apr 2022, 13:32 ( Updated at: 11 Apr 2022, 13:33 )

Hi,

Version 4.2 is in beta test, we don't have any exact release date for it yet.

We are testing and collecting bug reports from users right now for 4.2.

If your indicator code is visible in 4.1 and not visible on 4.2 code editor, then please send us via email the indicator ",algo" file with it's solution directory which is inside cAlgo/sources/Indicators folder.

Our email: connect@spotware.com

@amusleh

uvwxyz
15 Apr 2022, 14:15

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Version 4.2 is in beta test, we don't have any exact release date for it yet.

We are testing and collecting bug reports from users right now for 4.2.

If your indicator code is visible in 4.1 and not visible on 4.2 code editor, then please send us via email the indicator ",algo" file with it's solution directory which is inside cAlgo/sources/Indicators folder.

Our email: connect@spotware.com

Thanking you for your reply. I have emailed as you mentioned in the your reply. Cheers.

@uvwxyz

amusleh
18 Apr 2022, 10:03

Hi,

You sent use the source code file of Sample EMA indicator, I tested both version 4.1 and 4.2, it works fine.

I referenced it by another indicator and it worked, then I used it on version 4.2 and it worked without any issue.

I was not able to replicate the issue you are facing.

I asked you to send us the indicator ".algo" file with it's solution directory, zip them and then send them.

Regarding the exceptions you are facing, please submit a troubleshoot report with the forum thread link.

@amusleh