NET 4.x and .NET 6 algos can NOT be debugged

Created at 31 Mar 2022, 16:09
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DE

de.dorpstafel.est

Joined 09.07.2019

NET 4.x and .NET 6 algos can NOT be debugged
31 Mar 2022, 16:09

Debugging support

Both .NET 4.x and .NET 6 algos can NOT be debugged in Visual Studio 2022 and 2017

loaded new SDK  
System libraries menu gone in Manage reference menu.
Browsed libs not recognized!

Debugging just does not work (no symbols loaded, weird errors, libraries not found) in vs2017 and vs2022

for us it's a useless update! Please notify when things are fixed!
how to roll-back?

@de.dorpstafel.est
Replies

galafrin
31 Mar 2022, 17:56

RE:

de.dorpstafel.est said:

Debugging support

Both .NET 4.x and .NET 6 algos can NOT be debugged in Visual Studio 2022 and 2017

loaded new SDK  

Debugging just does not work (no symbols loaded, weird errors, libraries not found) in vs2017 and vs2022

how to roll-back?

Look for the previous version up the folder of the ctrader exe, draw a short cut, the previous versions should be still there

@galafrin

bllkrkmz
01 Apr 2022, 10:40

RE:

de.dorpstafel.est said:

Debugging support

loaded new SDK  

how to roll-back?

did you fix it? if you fixed it how?

@bllkrkmz

Shares4UsDevelopment
01 Apr 2022, 10:47

RE:

same problem here

@Shares4UsDevelopment

amusleh
01 Apr 2022, 11:26

Hi,

Try to change the compiler from your cTrader settings to SDK compiler, the default one is embeded compiler which has limited functionality.

cTrader 4.2 is not released for any broker yet, it's only available as beta on Spotware cTrader beta.

@amusleh

gennimatas
01 Apr 2022, 11:54

RE:

de.dorpstafel.est said:

Debugging support

loaded new SDK  

how to roll-back?

Select all algo processes.

@gennimatas

uvwxyz
01 Apr 2022, 12:39

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Try to change the compiler from your cTrader settings to SDK compiler, the default one is embeded compiler which has limited functionality.

cTrader 4.2 is not released for any broker yet, it's only available as beta on Spotware cTrader beta.

Hi  amusleh,

I tried doing this, but I can't find how to do this  in a Demo Account.

I tried looking for cTrader Settings in he Credentials Details. But didn't find the Settings.

Thanks for any help. 

@uvwxyz

amusleh
04 Apr 2022, 09:46 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE:

uvwxyz said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Hi  amusleh,

I tried doing this, but I can't find how to do this  in a Demo Account.

I tried looking for cTrader Settings in he Credentials Details. But didn't find the Settings.

Thanks for any help. 

You can change the compiler by going to cTrader Dekstop -> Settings -> Automate:

@amusleh