Beta 4,2 bug report: can't compile with libraries

Created at 30 Mar 2022, 16:50
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
ST

sticky_charly

Joined 01.07.2019

Beta 4,2 bug report: can't compile with libraries
30 Mar 2022, 16:50

Targeting legacy, It cannot find non system module library references  as a result tons of compile errors occurs. On Beta, same outcome.  errors from not finding namespaces plus obsoletes methods.. Rolling back.

@sticky_charly
Replies

amusleh
31 Mar 2022, 10:04

Hi,

There is no such issue, you can use any .NET library after referencing it on your cBot/Indicator project including Nuget packages.

I recommend you to use Visual studio when you are referencing other libraries, and also change the compiler from embeded to SDK on your cTrader dekstop settings -> Automate.

@amusleh

sticky_charly
31 Mar 2022, 15:28

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

There is no such issue, you can use any .NET library after referencing it on your cBot/Indicator project including Nuget packages.

I recommend you to use Visual studio when you are referencing other libraries, and also change the compiler from embeded to SDK on your cTrader dekstop settings -> Automate.

So what about the reality of the errors above  I don't get in previous versions?

@sticky_charly

sticky_charly
31 Mar 2022, 15:49

RE: RE:

sticky_charly said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

So what about the reality of the errors above  I don't get in previous versions?

There was a problem in the project fileso now it works and I rolled back in 

@sticky_charly

sticky_charly
31 Mar 2022, 16:01 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE: RE:

There are other problems, for this indicator it doubled it in the list and did not found the code

@sticky_charly

sticky_charly

There are other problems, for this indicator it doubled it in the list and did not found the code

@sticky_charly

sticky_charly

@sticky_charly

sticky_charly
31 Mar 2022, 16:06 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE: RE: RE:

the other in the list with the same name is empty source

@sticky_charly

sticky_charly
31 Mar 2022, 16:11 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

If has doubled the name ond did not find the source

I

@sticky_charly

galafrin
04 Apr 2022, 20:23 ( Updated at: 04 Apr 2022, 20:27 )

RE:

sticky_charly said:

Targeting legacy, It cannot find non system module library references  as a result tons of compile errors occurs. On Beta, same outcome.  errors from not finding namespaces plus obsoletes methods.. Rolling back.

This appears right after renaming a 4.2 algo , it looses its references of external DLLs  like it does not well  rename  the file set. So the way to fix it is to rename the current bogged file, create a new algo, rename it, copy paste from bogged, add external DLLs and compile. While waiting for the bug to be fixed by Spotware.

@galafrin

amusleh
05 Apr 2022, 09:39

Hi,

Can you please provide the steps to reproduce the doubling issue? we tried but we were not able to reproduce this issue.

@amusleh

gennimatas
08 Apr 2022, 09:27

Source code not available

Hi,

I had the same problem.

It appears that older versions of visual studio leave attributes in the csproj file

that cause this behavior. I had to manually clean all csproj files.

Remove lines like

<EnableDefaultItems>False</EnableDefaultItems>
    <GenerateAssemblyInfo>False</GenerateAssemblyInfo>

Regards

@gennimatas