Is VPS location France ok?

Created at 08 Jan 2022, 12:24
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CO

codey

Joined 21.10.2020

Is VPS location France ok?
08 Jan 2022, 12:24

To run automated trading, is VPS location in France (Roubaix) ok?

This particular VPS company has NO extra cost for France location. 

@codey
Replies

triccomane
08 Jan 2022, 20:37

If the VPS is located in France and the broker's servers are in France or near France, it should work well. But if the broker's servers are located far away from France, you might have a big ping that might not be suitable for scalping bots.

@triccomane

codey
08 Jan 2022, 20:41

RE:

triccomane said:

If the VPS is located in France and the broker's servers are in France or near France, it should work well. But if the broker's servers are located far away from France, you might have a big ping that might not be suitable for scalping bots.

Ctrader server is in London.  If VPS server is in France, I think its not that far from London? so it should be ok?  

I am NOT doing high-frequency trading.  But Yes, its scalping

@codey

Astroke
09 Jan 2022, 00:11

Hi, Why take a server from OVH when the trading servers are in London? What price difference?

@Astroke

codey
09 Jan 2022, 04:06

RE:

Astroke said:

Hi, Why take a server from OVH when the trading servers are in London? What price difference?

@Astroke,

Are you in assumption mode?   Where did you read in my post about OVH?  You think France VPS is offered by only one VPS provider?  I suggest you need to google more :)

Better not reply, so that someone else can reply to my real question sensibly!

@codey

Astroke
09 Jan 2022, 12:05

RE: RE:

CTGood said:

Astroke said:

@Astroke,

Are you in assumption mode?   Where did you read in my post about OVH?  You think France VPS is offered by only one VPS provider?  I suggest you need to google more :)

What's wrong with you there is only 2 providers on Roubaix who offer VPS only one for retail... but ok its not OVH this does not change the situation. cTrader servers are in London so no if you need a fast execution VPS in Roubaix it's not OK.

@Astroke

codey
09 Jan 2022, 12:09 ( Updated at: 09 Jan 2022, 12:12 )

RE: RE: RE:

Astroke said:

CTGood said:

Astroke said:

@Astroke,

What's wrong with you there is only 2 providers on Roubaix who offer VPS only one for retail... but ok its not OVH this does not change the situation. cTrader servers are in London so no if you need a fast execution VPS in Roubaix it's not OK.

@Astroke

I found an article on ctrader website, saying if you are not doing HFT, then VPS location doesn't matter. 

@codey

Astroke
09 Jan 2022, 12:18

Let's face it, it's going to work but it won't be optimal with about 12ms of extra time. Not to mention HFT, scalping also requires the best conditions. it's up to you to judge if a slippage can harm your trading.

@Astroke