"Crashed in OnStart with ArgumentException: Incorrect parameters count. Parameter name: parameterValues"

Created at 22 Dec 2021, 09:55
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MI

Mia999

Joined 13.11.2021

"Crashed in OnStart with ArgumentException: Incorrect parameters count. Parameter name: parameterValues"
22 Dec 2021, 09:55

Hi,

I created a cbot using 3 indicators - one of which is a custom StochasticRSI. Visually, the custom indicator works very well. Its code is available here: 

Now, concerning my cbot, I can't get passed this error:  "Crashed in OnStart with ArgumentException: Incorrect parameters count. Parameter name: parameterValues".

I read all your documentation. I went through the forum - I am not the first encountering this error apparently. I tried and modified back and forth my cbot's coding. Nothing worked.

Could you help me please?

I can send you the full code by email if you provide an address.

Otherwise, it goes like this:

(I did not introduce any specific parameters from the StochasticRSI indicator in the first section of the code, since the indicator's default values are perfect for my needs and I don't wish to optimize them. Anyway, it didn't change a thing when I tried to insert them specifically and recall them under the "OnStart" section to see if it would resolve the error...)

(And yes, I did select and apply the custom "StochasticRSI" in --> Manage References)

using System;
using System.Linq;
using cAlgo.API;
using cAlgo.API.Indicators;
using cAlgo.API.Internals;
using cAlgo.Indicators;

namespace cAlgo
{
    [Robot(TimeZone = TimeZones.UTC, AccessRights = AccessRights.None)]
    public class Strategy1 : Robot
    {

[Parameter("Quantity (Lots)", Group = "Volume", DefaultValue = 0.01, MinValue = 0.01, Step = 0.01)]
        public double Quantity { get; set; }

[Parameter("Source")]
        public DataSeries Source { get; set; }

[Parameter("Bollinger Bands Deviations", Group = "Bollinger Bands", DefaultValue = 2)]
        public double Deviations { get; set; }

[Parameter("Bollinger Bands Periods", Group = "Bollinger Bands", DefaultValue = 20)]
        public int Periods { get; set; }

[Parameter("Bollinger Bands MA Type", Group = "Bollinger Bands")]
        public MovingAverageType MAType { get; set; }

[Parameter("MA Type", Group = "Moving Average")]
        public MovingAverageType MovingAverageType { get; set; }

[Parameter("MA Periods", Group = "Moving Average", DefaultValue = 9, MinValue = 5, MaxValue = 50, Step = 1)]
        public int MAPeriods { get; set; }

public string PositionLabel { get; set; }

private StochasticRSI SRSI;
        private MovingAverage MA;
        private BollingerBands BB;

protected override void OnStart()
        {
            BB = Indicators.BollingerBands(Source, Periods, Deviations, MAType);
            MA = Indicators.MovingAverage(Source, MAPeriods, MovingAverageType);
            SRSI = Indicators.GetIndicator<StochasticRSI>(Source);
        }

protected override void OnTick()
        {

Thanks in advance for you help!

@Mia999
Replies

firemyst
22 Dec 2021, 10:01

Well, I'lm not sure how/why you expect the indicator to work that you provided the link to. When I looked at the page, it has numerous parameters that it's expected other than "source":

[Parameter("Source", Group = "Base Settings", DefaultValue = "Close")]

[Parameter("Oversold Level", DefaultValue = 20, MinValue = 1, Step = 1)]

public int Oversold { get; set; }

[Parameter("Overbought Level", DefaultValue = 80, MinValue = 1, Step = 1)]

public int Overbought { get; set; }

[Parameter("RSI Periods", DefaultValue = 14, MinValue = 2)]

public int RSIPeriod { get; set; }

[Parameter("Stochastic K%", DefaultValue = 3, Step = 1, MinValue = 2)]

public int StochK { get; set; }

[Parameter("Stochastic D%", DefaultValue = 3, Step = 1, MinValue = 2)]

public int StochD { get; set; }

[Parameter("Stochastic Periods", DefaultValue = 14, Step = 1, MinValue = 2)]

public int StochPeriods { get; set; }

If you expect to use that one in your cBot, you have to have it something like the following:

Indicators.GetIndicator<StochasticRSI>(Source, Oversold, Overbought, RSIPeriod, STochK, StochD, StochPeriods);

with values obviously for all the parameters you supply.

@firemyst

Mia999
22 Dec 2021, 10:14

RE:

firemyst said:

Well, I'lm not sure how/why you expect the indicator to work that you provided the link to. When I looked at the page, it has numerous parameters that it's expected other than "source":

[Parameter("Source", Group = "Base Settings", DefaultValue = "Close")]

[Parameter("Oversold Level", DefaultValue = 20, MinValue = 1, Step = 1)]

public int Oversold { get; set; }

[Parameter("Overbought Level", DefaultValue = 80, MinValue = 1, Step = 1)]

public int Overbought { get; set; }

[Parameter("RSI Periods", DefaultValue = 14, MinValue = 2)]

public int RSIPeriod { get; set; }

[Parameter("Stochastic K%", DefaultValue = 3, Step = 1, MinValue = 2)]

public int StochK { get; set; }

[Parameter("Stochastic D%", DefaultValue = 3, Step = 1, MinValue = 2)]

public int StochD { get; set; }

[Parameter("Stochastic Periods", DefaultValue = 14, Step = 1, MinValue = 2)]

public int StochPeriods { get; set; }

If you expect to use that one in your cBot, you have to have it something like the following:

Indicators.GetIndicator<StochasticRSI>(Source, Oversold, Overbought, RSIPeriod, STochK, StochD, StochPeriods);

with values obviously for all the parameters you supply.

Thanks

@Mia999