cTrader update while running cBots

Created at 07 Dec 2021, 23:14
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NC

ncel01

Joined 19.03.2020

cTrader update while running cBots
07 Dec 2021, 23:14

Hello,

Is it (somehow) possible to keep on updating cTrader without affecting any running cBots?

Thanks.

@ncel01
Replies

Astroke
08 Dec 2021, 00:55 ( Updated at: 08 Dec 2021, 00:58 )

No, but you can wait until the weekend to relaunch cTrader

@Astroke

ncel01
08 Dec 2021, 12:32

RE:

Astroke said:

No, but you can wait until the weekend to relaunch cTrader

Hello Astroke,

Thank you for your reply.

That can be an option, however I am afraid this won't solve the issue, since there are several orders involved.

In that case, after running cBot again, I would need to go through every single pending order and only delete the new orders created, so that previous situation remains.

It would help a lot if an image of the current situation (pending orders incl. parameters) could be saved and then restored. Since market is closed there will be no issue with open positions, however, all newly generated pending orders need to be deleted accordingly to get to the previous situation.

@ncel01

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Dec 2021, 12:41

Hi ncel01,

Pending orders are not deleted when you restart cTrader. If you want your cBot to maintain the state between restarts, then you need to program this yourself.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ncel01
08 Dec 2021, 13:34

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi ncel01,

Pending orders are not deleted when you restart cTrader. If you want your cBot to maintain the state between restarts, then you need to program this yourself.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

Hi Panagiotis,

That's a good tip!

In fact I didn't think about coding this but I guess it can be easily implemented in my case! ????

Btw, are cTrader updates synchronized across all brokers platforms?

Thank you!

@ncel01

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Dec 2021, 13:40

Hi ncel01,

You can just save the info you need to maintain in a file and load it on start up.

Regarding the updates, we roll them out in stages, so some brokers receive them earlier than others.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ncel01
08 Dec 2021, 14:05

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi ncel01,

You can just save the info you need to maintain in a file and load it on start up.

Regarding the updates, we roll them out in stages, so some brokers receive them earlier than others.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

Panagiotis,

That's clear.

Thank you!

@ncel01

sirinath
08 Dec 2021, 16:38

RE: RE:

Update and auto restart on weekends would be a great feature to have.

@sirinath