Leverage mis match in copy trade Ctrader

Created at 28 Oct 2021, 07:43
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SA

salilgupta_2000

Joined 28.10.2021

Leverage mis match in copy trade Ctrader
28 Oct 2021, 07:43

I have a question on CTrader strategy copy. I am a strategy provider with 1:200 leverage for indices. I understand copy trading works as per equity to equity ratio. My copier has a leverage of 1:20 for indices.

If my copier has same equity as mine, lets say $10K each, the trade size I play is too big for my copier and it wont execute at his end. For example, 10 lots of US30 based on same equity to equity will require him to have $40K margin, however, if he has an equity of $200K then it will try to open 200 lots and it won't open. I guess due to leverage mismatch, it will never work.

Is there any way to adjust the ratio of trade at copier's end, or a way for my copier to provide $200K equity and then set trade ration to 1/10 of my trade to always match my trade with his higher equity?

I will appreciate your help.

@salilgupta_2000
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Nov 2021, 10:21

Hi salilgupta_2000,

No there is no such option. The only solutions for this are the following

1. Your follower gets an account with the same leverage as you.
  2. You create a separate strategy that will trade with a 1:20 leverage so that it can match your followers' margin requirements.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous