get last bar candle index

Created at 23 Jul 2021, 07:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IR

IRCtrader

Joined 17.06.2021

get last bar candle index
23 Jul 2021, 07:13

i try to draw box from last candle .

i use chart.lastbarvisible and bars.count

but when i move the chart to past recatangle moved.

so i need to get last bar candle index.

var rectangle = Chart.DrawRectangle("rectangle_sample", Bars.Count, Bars.ClosePrices.Minimum(Period), Chart.LastVisibleBarIndex - Period, Bars.ClosePrices.Maximum(Period), Color.FromArgb(100, Color.Red));

@IRCtrader
Replies

amusleh
23 Jul 2021, 08:08

Hi,

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, Bars.Count gives you the number of available bars on your chart, so if you pass it as a first bar index for rectangle, it will be drawn from the last bar on your chart.

@amusleh

IRCtrader
23 Jul 2021, 09:04 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, Bars.Count gives you the number of available bars on your chart, so if you pass it as a first bar index for rectangle, it will be drawn from the last bar on your chart.

I use that but when scrool to past it shows like below picture.

@IRCtrader

amusleh
23 Jul 2021, 09:27

Hi,

Please read the API references, check the examples, I see you don't understand how the DrawRectangle works, and it's not clear at all what you are trying to do.

I recommend you before you open a thread here, read the API references, play with code examples, then if something was not clear you can ask here.

@amusleh