Set curly brackets - not possible with CTRL ALT 7/0

Created at 29 May 2021, 19:02
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
KE

kebbo

Joined 28.09.2020

Set curly brackets - not possible with CTRL ALT 7/0
29 May 2021, 19:02

Hello dear cTrader Community,

a slightly "different" problem:

I have since a few days the problem that I can not set curly brackets anymore, when programming cAlgo code this is very very annoying.
I'm afraid I can't solve the problem without your help.

-STRG ALT + 7 or 0 does not work. ALT GR does not work either. The square brackets as well as the @ does not work either.
However, the problem occurs only in the cTrader software, and only on my own computer system (cTrader in Remote Desktop works, with the same keyboard) .
Copy and paste works, but is very annoying and not the point.

What could be the problem, can someone help me? I have already reinstalled the cTrader software, that also brought no success. What else could I do?

Best regards
kebbo

@kebbo
Replies

sandrete66
10 Jun 2021, 18:31

Hey!

I've got the same issue, I can't type anything requiring CTRL+ALT or ALTGR key, which means I can't type square or curly brackets, which turns scripting a real pain. 

Does anyone really know how to fix this issue? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

PS: as you can see, anywhere else I can type those symbols { } [ ], it only happens in the cAutomate editor

@sandrete66

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Jun 2021, 08:55

Hi to both,

Not sure what systems or keyboards do you use but curly brackets on a Windows machine with a US keyboard are typed using Shift + [. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

kebbo
11 Jun 2021, 19:07

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi to both,

Not sure what systems or keyboards do you use but curly brackets on a Windows machine with a US keyboard are typed using Shift + [. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Hi you two!

Thanks first of all for the answers and participation! Unfortunately the problem still exists, Spotware directly could not help me and referred me again to this forum.
I hope we can still solve the problem together.

It is definitely not the keyboard, because the PC setup and the hardware worked fine before. Furthermore the CTRL ALT functions do not work only in the code editor! If I enter the curly bracket in the "cBot search field", it works! It works everywhere but not in the code editor of the cTrader software on this single PC.... Reinstallation didn't help unfortunately....very strange...it happened while programming, maybe I pressed a key combination by mistake, and triggered this bug...still I haven't solved it yet....

Thank you guys and have a nice weekend!

kebbo

@kebbo

kebbo
22 Jun 2021, 20:05

RE: RE:

kebbo said:

Hi to both,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Hi you two!

Thanks first of all for the answers and participation! Unfortunately the problem still exists, Spotware directly could not help me and referred me again to this forum.

It is definitely not the keyboard, because the PC setup and the hardware worked fine before. Furthermore the CTRL ALT functions do not work only in the code editor! If I enter the curly bracket in the "cBot search field", it works! It works everywhere but not in the code editor of the cTrader software on this single PC.... Reinstallation didn't help unfortunately....very strange...it happened while programming, maybe I pressed a key combination by mistake, and triggered this bug...still I haven't solved it yet....

kebbo

Hello again,

have now made the following discovery: I transferred one of my cbots to another PC with open source code to continue working there, from this point on (I'm 75% sure) the brackets don't work there either. This bot was edited with Visual Studio, could there be a connection?
very suspicious.

best regards

@kebbo

kebbo
08 Jul 2021, 16:43

RE: RE: RE:

kebbo said:

kebbo said:

Hi to both,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Hi you two!

kebbo

Hello again,

have now made the following discovery: I transferred one of my cbots to another PC with open source code to continue working there, from this point on (I'm 75% sure) the brackets don't work there either. This bot was edited with Visual Studio, could there be a connection?
very suspicious.

best regards

No one?
Who can I ask? Spotware refers to this forum...

@kebbo

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Jul 2021, 08:08

Hi kebbo,

This issue should have been fixed in 4.1.6 of cTrader Desktop. Can you check which version you are running?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

kebbo
09 Jul 2021, 15:48

RE:

Hi kebbo,

This issue should have been fixed in 4.1.6 of cTrader Desktop. Can you check which version you are running?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Updated and working, thank you! Have a nice weekend!

@kebbo

manelfx9530
11 Jul 2021, 22:17

kebbo said:

Hi kebbo,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Updated and working, thank you! Have a nice weekend!

How did you updated your ctrader? I cant find the update file and mine doesnt update automatically yo the 4.1.6

@manelfx9530

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Jul 2021, 10:35

Hi manelfx9530,

Probably your broker did not receive the update yet.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

manelfx9530
13 Jul 2021, 11:18

RE:

Hi manelfx9530,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Thanks, that might be it then. For now i'm using my keyboard with the ENG layout so i can work it around.

@manelfx9530

kebbo
13 Jul 2021, 16:35

manelfx9530 said:

Hi manelfx9530,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Thanks, that might be it then. For now i'm using my keyboard with the ENG layout so i can work it around.

Hi, yes, that was an automatic update. Suddenly it worked again.

But I would still be interested in finding out where the bug was?  
Maybe Panagiotis could explain it to us a bit, for those of us who are interested :)

Have a nice week!

@kebbo

galafrin
14 Jul 2021, 16:14

RE:

My broker hasn't got the update yet and I am still on 4.0.14. 

@galafrin

galafrin
16 Jul 2021, 14:04

Broker says again he didn't receive 4.1.6

Hello I am still on 4.0.14 in ICM broker and automate does not work properly, broker says he don't have the version, can you believe it ?

@galafrin

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 Jul 2021, 14:07

Hi galafrin,

4.1 has not been released to IC Markets yet.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

galafrin
16 Jul 2021, 16:17

RE: Beta

Hi galafrin,

4.1 has not been released to IC Markets yet.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Hello Panagiotis

Beta is a degraded solution, we are not Beta testers plus the very annoying fact that any new install formats all the souce code, so at the very  less  this option should come unchecked by default. whatever the upgrade is.

@galafrin

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 Jul 2021, 16:29

Hi galafrin,

Beta is a degraded solution, we are not Beta testers

I did not mention anything about Beta in this thread. 

any new install formats all the souce code

I am not sure what do you mean. Can you elaborate?

In general, if you are building complicated cBots, we strongly recommend to use Visual Studio, which is a full blown IDE for .Net projects, and not rely on the built-in editor. The built-in editor is just a handy tool for small cBots and easy modifications. We do not have major plans for improving it.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

galafrin
16 Jul 2021, 17:38

RE:

Hi galafrin,

Beta is a degraded solution, we are not Beta testers

I did not mention anything about Beta in this thread. 

any new install formats all the souce code

I am not sure what do you mean. Can you elaborate?

In general, if you are building complicated cBots, we strongly recommend to use Visual Studio, which is a full blown IDE for .Net projects, and not rely on the built-in editor. The built-in editor is just a handy tool for small cBots and easy modifications. We do not have major plans for improving it.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

You mentioned Beta on Telegram as a solution for this bug but automate was covenient enought for developping and testing until this bug. . It would have been better to fix it  versus waiting monthes for a bif update we are not asking yet. Keep in mind this bug is a regressive one.

I am refering to " Format Code Automatically " check box on automate settings , this should come unchecked by default, otherwise users loose theiir own previous code formatting. at each install. which can happen for a number of reasons

@galafrin