is objects on charts readable?

Created at 02 Oct 2014, 21:53
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HI

hiba7rain

Joined 20.07.2014

is objects on charts readable?
02 Oct 2014, 21:53

is trend lines or object drawn on charts has a readable value ?  for the purpose of using it with Robots 

@hiba7rain
Replies

Spotware
03 Oct 2014, 09:34

No, but we plan to implement such functionality in the future.

@Spotware

bachapk
25 Dec 2014, 04:07

RE:

Spotware said:

No, but we plan to implement such functionality in the future.

In mt4 there is a function of ObjectGetValueByShift which can get the value of object by the bar shift value. It will be highly appreciated if such functionality been provided in cAlgo please.

Bacha

@bachapk

Spotware
31 Dec 2014, 11:22

We will consider adding such functionality

@Spotware

Rod_Sands
08 Feb 2015, 07:55

I decided that I will not pursue coding within cAlgo until Object Manipulation functionality is implemented. I suspect that many others feel the same way.

Have equivalents to the following MT4 metods been implement, if not,  what is the eta.

ObjectCreate

ObjectGetValue

ObjectGet

ObjectGetTimeByValue

ObjectGetValueByTime

ObjectGetShiftByValue

ObjectGetValueByShift

ObjectSet

ObjectSetInteger

ObjectSetInteger

ObjectSetDouble

ObjectSetText

etc

ObjectSetColor

@Rod_Sands

cre8iveq
07 Feb 2016, 08:33

RE:

I know this is an old thread, but in it someone mentioned that there was a plan to implement this. Did this ever happen?

All I want to be able to do is draw a horizontal line on the chart, and access the value of that line in a bot. Is this possible?

@cre8iveq

Spotware
09 Feb 2016, 18:10

RE: RE:

Dear Trader,

Currently you are able to access a value of an Object only if this object is created by ChartObjects methods within the same cBot/indicator. It's in our plans to provide users with the ability to also access Objects on the chart that weren't created by the cBot/indicator in the future. However, we cannot provide you with an ETA. Stay tuned.

Additionally, you can post your ideas/suggestions to http://vote.spotware.com/

cre8iveq said:

I know this is an old thread, but in it someone mentioned that there was a plan to implement this. Did this ever happen?

All I want to be able to do is draw a horizontal line on the chart, and access the value of that line in a bot. Is this possible?

@Spotware

bachapk
28 Mar 2017, 10:42

RE: RE: RE:

Any updates regarding manually drawn trend line or any object reading issue so far? 

Cheers

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Currently you are able to access a value of an Object only if this object is created by ChartObjects methods within the same cBot/indicator. It's in our plans to provide users with the ability to also access Objects on the chart that weren't created by the cBot/indicator in the future. However, we cannot provide you with an ETA. Stay tuned.

Additionally, you can post your ideas/suggestions to http://vote.spotware.com/

cre8iveq said:

@bachapk