Help with installing an Alert-Popup code

Created at 18 Apr 2021, 14:18
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TE

tekASH

Joined 29.01.2014

Help with installing an Alert-Popup code
18 Apr 2021, 14:18

Hi.

I came across the below pop-up alert tool which look handy. I guess it is for making alerts for a chosen bot/indicator without coding it in your bot.

But how do I install/build it in my Automate? Help appreciated.

@tekASH
Replies

amusleh
19 Apr 2021, 10:32

Hi,

Open your indicator/cBot with Visual Studio and this follow the installation instruction: 

@amusleh

tekASH
20 Apr 2021, 01:03 ( Updated at: 20 Apr 2021, 01:06 )

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Open your indicator/cBot with Visual Studio and this follow the installation instruction: 

Hi.

So I did install the Nuget APi.Alert thing to my bot on Visual Studio, it opened bot as separate .CS and as I understand after clicking save...it automatically saves the original Bot with Alert package automatically in the Robots folder of cTrader? So in cTrader Automate I don't see that purple window of Alert function (your screenshots).

What are my next steps to complete enabling Pop-up and Telegram alerts? where is updated Bot with dedicated Alert window? Little confused.

@tekASH

amusleh
20 Apr 2021, 08:02

Hi,

Please read other pages of Github Wiki:

@amusleh

tekASH
20 Apr 2021, 15:25 ( Updated at: 20 Apr 2021, 15:26 )

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Please read other pages of Github Wiki:

Mate, I am very beginner to these things. Of course, I read other parts..but they are not fully clear. Kindly describe the remaining process in steps like in Installation.

Things are not given as sequence so they seem scattered to me.

especially, where is this window now, after VS part?

@tekASH

amusleh
20 Apr 2021, 15:53 ( Updated at: 20 Apr 2021, 15:54 )

Hi,

To show the popup window you have to call the "Notifications.ShowPopup" method from your indicator or cBot code.

For settings after the popup showed up click on settings icon at the title bar.

All of this is well explained in Wikis, please read, take a look on full indicator/cBot samples.

@amusleh

tekASH
20 Apr 2021, 16:07

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

To show the popup window you have to call the "Notifications.ShowPopup" method from your indicator or cBot code.

All of this is well explained in Wikis, please read, take a look on full indicator/cBot samples.

1. But what does "call the "Notifications.ShowPopup"" mean? Is it a piece of code I must include in Bot code?

2. Also, I added the code in Configuration, this error comes:

@tekASH

tekASH
20 Apr 2021, 16:21 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

1. But what does "call the "Notifications.ShowPopup"" mean? Is it a piece of code I must include in Bot code?

2. Also, I added the code in Configuration, this error comes:

I added things given on Show-Pop-Up section...it looks like this..but gives error.

2.  I also added Notifications.ShowPopup(); in the end of  protected override void OnBar() section. That one looks fine I guess.

@tekASH

amusleh
20 Apr 2021, 16:40

Hi,

You don't have to set the configuration parameters, those are optional.

First you have to install the Alert popup library via Nuget on your indicator/cBot project, the installation tutorial is on Github Wiki.

Once you installed you have to add the "using cAlgo.API.Alert" on top of your indicator/cBot code file, then you will be able to call the "ShowPopup".

If you read the Wiki you will find the answer for your questions.

@amusleh

tekASH
20 Apr 2021, 18:14 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

First you have to install the Alert popup library via Nuget on your indicator/cBot project, the installation tutorial is on Github Wiki.

Once you installed you have to add the "using cAlgo.API.Alert" on top of your indicator/cBot code file, then you will be able to call the "ShowPopup".

But I told you that I did install it via Nuget..on Visual Studio...as per steps on Installation wiki. VS showed successful installation.

This error occurs again

As you can see I have provided them on top of code. Are they correct?

@tekASH

tekASH
20 Apr 2021, 18:38 ( Updated at: 20 Apr 2021, 18:40 )

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

so...I did Installation steps again..then added "using cAlgo.API.Alert" then added Notifications.ShowPopup(); it did build it successfully...but now after turning on the Bot...that Settings window of Alerts doesnt show up? Does it need to show up or where I access it? Cause I need to configure Telegram alerts.

@tekASH

amusleh
20 Apr 2021, 18:39

Hi,

You have to install the library on every indicator/cBot you want to use it on, not on Visual Studio.

The nuget packages are installed on your cBot/indicator projects, so if you created a new one then you have to install it n your new indicator/cBot.

@amusleh

amusleh
20 Apr 2021, 18:44

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

so...I did Installation steps again..then added "using cAlgo.API.Alert" then added Notifications.ShowPopup(); it did build it successfully...but now after turning on the Bot...that Settings window of Alerts doesnt show up? Does it need to show up or where I access it? Cause I need to configure Telegram alerts.

Hi,

To open settings click on "Settings" icon at the title bar of Alert popup window.

@amusleh

tekASH
20 Apr 2021, 18:44 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

You have to install the library on every indicator/cBot you want to use it on, not on Visual Studio.

The nuget packages are installed on your cBot/indicator projects, so if you created a new one then you have to install it n your new indicator/cBot.

1. mate, look...I clicked Edit the Bot in VS as you explain in Installation...then installed Alert.API (library?) thing from Nuget...after that..I added those small codes in cTrader (Automate) to my existing bot. I built it successfully.
I turn on the Bot pressing Play...it is active but Alerts window is not opening up..where is it. now what?

Libraries are in the Bot

2. btw, is this correct?

@tekASH

amusleh
21 Apr 2021, 08:30 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

1. mate, look...I clicked Edit the Bot in VS as you explain in Installation...then installed Alert.API (library?) thing from Nuget...after that..I added those small codes in cTrader (Automate) to my existing bot. I built it successfully.
I turn on the Bot pressing Play...it is active but Alerts window is not opening up..where is it. now what?

Libraries are in the Bot

2. btw, is this correct?

Please do this:

0. Create a new indicator

1. Install Alert library on it via Nuget

2. After that re-build your indicator from Visual Studio, not from cTrader automate, Right click on your solution name select Rebuild

3. Then copy the sample indicator code and paste it on your new indicator code file, rebuild

4. Attach it on a one minute chart, wait for indicator show popup condition to meet, and you will see the popup will appear

If it still doesn't work, post your full indicator code here.

@amusleh

tekASH
21 Apr 2021, 17:39 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE: RE:

amusleh said:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Libraries are in the Bot

2. btw, is this correct?

Please do this:

2. After that re-build your indicator from Visual Studio, not from cTrader automate, Right click on your solution name select Rebuild

3. Then copy the sample indicator code and paste it on your new indicator code file, rebuild

4. Attach it on a one minute chart, wait for indicator show popup condition to meet, and you will see the popup will appear

mate, I somehow managed to generate that Aler window with Settings. Enabled Sound Alert too. But no pop-up come up when entry/exit is trigged. (Havent configured Email or Telegram yet).

I added these too:

Notifications.ShowPopup()
using cAlgo.API.Alert;

still no pop-up...

@tekASH

tekASH
21 Apr 2021, 17:56 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE: RE: RE:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Libraries are in the Bot

2. btw, is this correct?

Please do this:

mate, I somehow managed to generate that Aler window with Settings. Enabled Sound Alert too. But no pop-up come up when entry/exit is trigged. (Havent configured Email or Telegram yet).

I added these too:

using cAlgo.API.Alert;

still no pop-up...

I also added Telegram bot..it is added proeprly. But no alerts is sent to Telegram.

@tekASH

amusleh
22 Apr 2021, 10:07 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

tekASH said:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Libraries are in the Bot

2. btw, is this correct?

Please do this:

I added these too:

using cAlgo.API.Alert;

still no pop-up...

I also added Telegram bot..it is added proeprly. But no alerts is sent to Telegram.

After you configured the Telegram alert, whenever you call ShowPopup with an alert it will trigger the Telegram, sound, and email alerts.

Are you sure you are calling the ShowPopup? put a Print call below it so you will know its called.

@amusleh

tekASH
22 Apr 2021, 12:06 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

amusleh said:

tekASH said:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Libraries are in the Bot

2. btw, is this correct?

Please do this:

I added these too:

using cAlgo.API.Alert;

still no pop-up...

After you configured the Telegram alert, whenever you call ShowPopup with an alert it will trigger the Telegram, sound, and email alerts.

Are you sure you are calling the ShowPopup? put a Print call below it so you will know its called.

I describe what I did in previous post and asked if I do it properly?

Is it enough to add this

Notifications.ShowPopup()   or there must be some text inside parentheses?  

I have no coding skills...i intuitively understand things and only follow instructions.

@tekASH

amusleh
22 Apr 2021, 12:36 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

tekASH said:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Libraries are in the Bot

2. btw, is this correct?

Please do this:

I added these too:

using cAlgo.API.Alert;

still no pop-up...

Is it enough to add this

I have no coding skills...i intuitively understand things and only follow instructions.

Hi,

No, its not, if you call ShowPopup without passing anything then it will only show the popup window, there is no alert to trigger.

You have to use different overloads of ShowPopup method to pass your alert data, example:

using cAlgo.API;
using cAlgo.API.Alert;
using System;
using cAlgo.API.Alert.Utility;

namespace cAlgo
{
    [Indicator(IsOverlay = true, TimeZone = TimeZones.UTC, AccessRights = AccessRights.FullAccess)]
    public class AlertTest : Indicator
    {
        private int _barIndex;

protected override void Initialize()
        {
            // Setting this allows you to see the alert library error messages on the cTrader logs
            // It's optional
            Logger.Tracer = Print;
        }

public override void Calculate(int index)
        {
            if (_barIndex != index && IsLastBar)
            {
                _barIndex = index;

TradeType tradeType = MarketSeries.Close[index - 1] > MarketSeries.Open[index - 1] ? TradeType.Buy : TradeType.Sell;

Notifications.ShowPopup(MarketSeries.TimeFrame, Symbol, tradeType, "AlertTest Indicator", Symbol.Bid, "No comment", Server.Time);
            }
        }
    }
}

You see on above sample indicator code, it passes an alert to show popup, the alert data is the time frame, symbol, trade type, triggered by who, price, and some extra comment.

Please check other overloads of the ShowPopup method too with Visual Studio.

@amusleh

tekASH
22 Apr 2021, 13:56 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

amusleh said:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

tekASH said:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Libraries are in the Bot

2. btw, is this correct?

Please do this:

I added these too:

using cAlgo.API.Alert;

still no pop-up...

Is it enough to add this

Hi,

No, its not, if you call ShowPopup without passing anything then it will only show the popup window, there is no alert to trigger.

You have to use different overloads of ShowPopup method to pass your alert data, example:

using cAlgo.API;
using cAlgo.API.Alert;
using System;

namespace cAlgo
{
    [Indicator(IsOverlay = true, TimeZone = TimeZones.UTC, AccessRights = AccessRights.FullAccess)]
    {
        private int _barIndex;

{
            // Setting this allows you to see the alert library error messages on the cTrader logs
            // It's optional
            Logger.Tracer = Print;
        }

{
            {
                _barIndex = index;

TradeType tradeType = MarketSeries.Close[index - 1] > MarketSeries.Open[index - 1] ? TradeType.Buy : TradeType.Sell;

Notifications.ShowPopup(MarketSeries.TimeFrame, Symbol, tradeType, "AlertTest Indicator", Symbol.Bid, "No comment", Server.Time);
            }
        }
    }
}

You see on above sample indicator code, it passes an alert to show popup, the alert data is the time frame, symbol, trade type, triggered by who, price, and some extra comment.

Please check other overloads of the ShowPopup method too with Visual Studio.

sometimes you read my posts not carefully. I say that it generates no Pop-Up (and no Telegram too) in first place. Not even empty pop-up. Need to first fix this then add messages in parentheses.

@tekASH

amusleh
22 Apr 2021, 14:18

If you call the ShowPopup method either it will show the popup or it will show an error message on your indicator/cBot logs if you set the "Logger.Trace" to "Print".

Please post your indicator code and then I will be able to help you.

@amusleh

tekASH
22 Apr 2021, 15:08

RE:

amusleh said:

If you call the ShowPopup method either it will show the popup or it will show an error message on your indicator/cBot logs if you set the "Logger.Trace" to "Print".

sorry, I cant place code...it is private.

Just tell me what is logger.trace and where I enter Print. With your example.

@tekASH

amusleh
23 Apr 2021, 10:36 ( Updated at: 23 Apr 2021, 10:37 )

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

I close this thread here, code example:

using cAlgo.API;
using cAlgo.API.Alert;

namespace cAlgo
{
    {
        private int _barIndex;

{
            Logger.Tracer = Print;
        }

{
            // Shows the popup on each new bar
            {
                _barIndex = index;

Notifications.ShowPopup();
            }
        }
    }
}

You can download the indicator file compiled with code from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dia31aIQ1V01U0FQBz8YnedrOF6RlRHh/view?usp=sharing

@amusleh

tekASH
24 Apr 2021, 14:33

RE: RE: RE:

amusleh said:

tekASH said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

I close this thread here, code example:

using cAlgo.API;
using cAlgo.API.Alert;

namespace cAlgo
{
    {
        private int _barIndex;

{
            Logger.Tracer = Print;
        }

{
            // Shows the popup on each new bar
            {
                _barIndex = index;

Notifications.ShowPopup();
            }
        }
    }
}

You can download the indicator file compiled with code from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dia31aIQ1V01U0FQBz8YnedrOF6RlRHh/view?usp=sharing

Still not popping up alert and Telegram too. Incomplete. I enter codes properly where needed.

@tekASH

AlgoCreators
02 Feb 2022, 02:36

I could not install!!!

Attempting to gather dependency information for package 'cAlgo.API.Alert.2.2.2' with respect to project 'New cBot (2)', targeting '.NETFramework,Version=v4.5'
Attempting to resolve dependencies for package 'cAlgo.API.Alert.2.2.2' with DependencyBehavior 'Lowest'
Resolving actions to install package 'cAlgo.API.Alert.2.2.2'
Resolved actions to install package 'cAlgo.API.Alert.2.2.2'
Adding package 'CommonServiceLocator.2.0.4' to folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Added package 'CommonServiceLocator.2.0.4' to folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Added package 'CommonServiceLocator.2.0.4' to 'packages.config'
Successfully installed 'CommonServiceLocator 2.0.4' to New cBot (2)
Adding package 'ControlzEx.3.0.2.4' to folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Added package 'ControlzEx.3.0.2.4' to folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Added package 'ControlzEx.3.0.2.4' to 'packages.config'
Successfully installed 'ControlzEx 3.0.2.4' to New cBot (2)
Adding package 'LiteDB.5.0.9' to folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Added package 'LiteDB.5.0.9' to folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Install failed. Rolling back...
Package 'LiteDB.5.0.9' does not exist in project 'New cBot (2)'
Removed package 'ControlzEx.3.0.2.4' from 'packages.config'
Removed package 'CommonServiceLocator.2.0.4' from 'packages.config'
Removing package 'LiteDB.5.0.9' from folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Removed package 'LiteDB.5.0.9' from folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Removing package 'ControlzEx.3.0.2.4' from folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Removed package 'ControlzEx.3.0.2.4' from folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Removing package 'CommonServiceLocator.2.0.4' from folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Removed package 'CommonServiceLocator.2.0.4' from folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Failed to add reference to 'System.Runtime'. Please make sure that it is in the Global Assembly Cache.
========== Finished ==========
please guide me!

@AlgoCreators

amusleh
02 Feb 2022, 08:22

RE: I could not install!!!

meeting.chegini said:

Attempting to gather dependency information for package 'cAlgo.API.Alert.2.2.2' with respect to project 'New cBot (2)', targeting '.NETFramework,Version=v4.5'
Attempting to resolve dependencies for package 'cAlgo.API.Alert.2.2.2' with DependencyBehavior 'Lowest'
Resolving actions to install package 'cAlgo.API.Alert.2.2.2'
Resolved actions to install package 'cAlgo.API.Alert.2.2.2'
Adding package 'CommonServiceLocator.2.0.4' to folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Added package 'CommonServiceLocator.2.0.4' to folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Added package 'CommonServiceLocator.2.0.4' to 'packages.config'
Successfully installed 'CommonServiceLocator 2.0.4' to New cBot (2)
Adding package 'ControlzEx.3.0.2.4' to folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Added package 'ControlzEx.3.0.2.4' to folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Added package 'ControlzEx.3.0.2.4' to 'packages.config'
Successfully installed 'ControlzEx 3.0.2.4' to New cBot (2)
Adding package 'LiteDB.5.0.9' to folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Added package 'LiteDB.5.0.9' to folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Install failed. Rolling back...
Package 'LiteDB.5.0.9' does not exist in project 'New cBot (2)'
Removed package 'ControlzEx.3.0.2.4' from 'packages.config'
Removed package 'CommonServiceLocator.2.0.4' from 'packages.config'
Removing package 'LiteDB.5.0.9' from folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Removed package 'LiteDB.5.0.9' from folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Removing package 'ControlzEx.3.0.2.4' from folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Removed package 'ControlzEx.3.0.2.4' from folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Removing package 'CommonServiceLocator.2.0.4' from folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Removed package 'CommonServiceLocator.2.0.4' from folder 'C:\Users\parsin\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots\New cBot (2)\packages'
Failed to add reference to 'System.Runtime'. Please make sure that it is in the Global Assembly Cache.
========== Finished ==========
please guide me!

Hi.

Do you have .NET framework 4.5 on your system? if you don't install it and then retry.

@amusleh