Help Required on Changing Chart symbols

Created at 09 Apr 2021, 18:12
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
VE

velu130486

Joined 08.11.2019 Blocked

Help Required on Changing Chart symbols
09 Apr 2021, 18:12

Dear All,

I have developed a Cbot with a developer which sends notification in windows form and it works on multiple pairs. You can see more details on attached picture. As you can see the bot is running on GBPUSD chart and it generates a signal based on my strategy. I have a chart grouped with various timeframes. When I click the symbol in windows form and click the buy/sell button to execute the order. Currently I am using the Chart switch Indicator from Algo developer to switch to various symbols and execute the order.

Now my question is it possible to change the chart symbols from this windows form and also to execute the buy or sell, (i.e.) I dont want to click 1 time to change the chart symbol and another click to execute the order. Please advice for any possible solutions.

I also discussed the same topic in telegram but not able to explain it properly. Anyhow thanks for Algo developer for the chart switch indicator which is very useful.

Thanks and Regards

R. Vadivelan

Replies

amusleh
09 Apr 2021, 18:41

Hi,

When a cBot is running on a chart it locks the chart, so you can't change the chart time frame or symbol unless you stop your cBot.

You can change a chart symbol or time frame with an indicator but not with a cBot.

Why you need such a feature?

@amusleh

velu130486
09 Apr 2021, 19:53

RE:

Hi Algo developer,

I dont want to change the symbol in Cbot. Cbot will keep on running in the same symbol and it generates the signal on multiple pairs, I need a button to change the chart symbol from the windows form when the signal comes (say US30 in the above pictures). Currently I use your indicator to change the chart symbol first, then I click the symbol in windows form to execute the order, I want to avoid this 2 click while order execution, just want to know is it possible to do it in 1 click or not.

I dont know how to explain in technical terms and sorry for that. What I understood is this Cbot is executing the order based on the text box in windows form. So I need to change the symbol name with the same symbol what I click in chart switch indicator.

Thanks and Regards

R. Vadivelan

amusleh said:

Hi,

When a cBot is running on a chart it locks the chart, so you can't change the chart time frame or symbol unless you stop your cBot.

You can change a chart symbol or time frame with an indicator but not with a cBot.

Why you need such a feature?

amusleh
09 Apr 2021, 21:24

If you opened the Windows form with a cBot then you can't change the chart with it as it runs via a cBot but your cBot can execute orders on other symbols, there is no need to change the chart, ask your developer to add this feature to your Windows form cBot.

@amusleh