Equity drawdown while profitable

Created at 09 Apr 2021, 10:06
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SU

sue.bugg

Joined 09.01.2021

Equity drawdown while profitable
09 Apr 2021, 10:06

I’m Optimizing a cBot. It does its last trade in 2018, even though I am Optimizing till 2021. I apply the parameters, then back test it for the same period to 2021. It stops in 2018. On the screen shots you will see profitable trades & higher account balance to this point. BUT it seems to think there is a massive Equity drawdown, wiping out the account, there for stops trading.

Do you know what is wrong? I’ve done many Optimizations, never seen this before.

@sue.bugg
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Apr 2021, 11:50

Hi sue.bugg,

It seems that your cBot has an open position that never closes. Try using visual backtesting to understand what happens.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sue.bugg
10 Apr 2021, 02:22

Thank you Panagiotis. That might explain the amazing results, there are probably multiple trades that didn't close. I had re run another Optimize and didn't record results, so can't check, but at least know what to look for if it happens again. Do you know why a trade or trades would not close if I have clear stop loss rules in the cBot? I had asked another question previously about the fixed spread in Opt & Back test v's live trade. All my cBots are On Bar (not tick). Based on response, I included the fixed spread in Opt. Could this have anything to do with it?

Thanks

Sue

@sue.bugg

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Apr 2021, 08:34

Hi sue.bugg,

The only way to answer your questions is to share with us your cBot code as well as steps to reproduce such a behavior.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous