Different cBot results after upgrade

Created at 17 Mar 2021, 18:40
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JE

JeanPaul

Joined 17.10.2020

Different cBot results after upgrade
17 Mar 2021, 18:40

I'm with Pepperstone on Live account. I have a cBot running live with 20 instances underneath. All instances are running and I usually run the tick data backtest from 04/2020 to make sure that they are performing as expected and restarting cTrader did not ruin them (better be cautious).

I got prompted minutes ago for the 4.07 update (my old version was 3.8) and I relaunched. The bots ran automatically, as I set them to do that but when I ran the backtest:

1 - The backtest re-downloaded the market data. I am assuming that the new version has wiped the existing market data.

2 - The equity curve of all instances are downhill, they have changed completely 

Note that the code has not changed and I did not rebuild the cBot after re-launch. However, after the bad results, I tried to build and re-run the backtests and the bad results are still the same.

I ran a second bot bot with 3 instances underneath and all the results of the second bot are as expected, so it is one bot that has been affected.

- The code has not changed and I did not re-build the cBot

- The Bot is self-contained so it doesn't have an external dependency on IO or anything.

- The bot does not draw on chart or use any key event.

- I have last run the successful backtest on Sunday the 14th, on the old version.

Any idea what could have gone wrong so I would investigate? 

Update: I found that the bot settings have been scrambled! I have reloaded the settings of each instance and the problem is sorted. It looks like the update has reset the settings of the bot. Please note that I restart cTrader on weekly basis and haven't lost the settings before, the update might have reset some profile.

@JeanPaul