Example running ML in cTrader that runs

Created at 20 Feb 2021, 15:07
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
PR

prosteel1

Joined 04.07.2018

Example running ML in cTrader that runs
20 Feb 2021, 15:07

Some Genius found a way to use a web server to connect ctrader to a python script. While it's slow, it runs! 

The web server runs on Windows so no need for linux, I ran it all on a windows vps.

@prosteel1
Replies

adamtibi
25 Feb 2021, 03:29

RE:

prosteel1 said:

Some Genius found a way to use a web server to connect ctrader to a python script. While it's slow, it runs! 

The web server runs on Windows so no need for linux, I ran it all on a windows vps.

Thank you for the mention. I am glad it worked for you.

If cTrader would upgrade to .NET 5, we can start using ML.NET which is way faster than Python and will not need an intermediate web server.

@adamtibi

prosteel1
26 Feb 2021, 17:22 ( Updated at: 26 Feb 2021, 17:53 )

RE: RE:

I think the genius part was using the web server as that gets around the .Net limitations. I suspect it is the web server that is slowing it down. What I really like about this is it is a workaround that actually works whereas every other post about using ML in cTrader I have not been able to get to work.

This works and so allows us to test ML before the upcoming .NET Core upgrade.

I'm looking more to XGBoost methods like Numer.ai are using rather than ML.Net tbh. XGBoost seems to be the state of the art atm.

Lex Fridman interviews Numer.ai founder Richard Craib 

@prosteel1