Backtesting / Optimization Settings - Data Type - How to identify?

Created at 17 Jan 2021, 19:21
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BO

Bots4Us

Joined 28.12.2020

Backtesting / Optimization Settings - Data Type - How to identify?
17 Jan 2021, 19:21

Hi cTraders,
Is it possible to determine from w/in a backtest or/and optimization which Data type was used?
I'm not interested in the time frame of the chart, Bars.TimeFrame (e.g. 1h). Instead, I'd like to log which Data type (m1 bars from Server, Tick data from Server, etc.) was used for the backtest/optimization, or (a bit more advanced) determine from within(!) the bot on which Data type tests shall be run.
Thx.

@Bots4Us
Replies

... Deleted by UFO ...

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Jan 2021, 11:14

Hi Bots4Us,

Unfortunately this information is not available via the API at the moment.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

prosteel1
18 Jan 2021, 15:27 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

Bots4Us said:

Hi cTraders,
Is it possible to determine from w/in a backtest or/and optimization which Data type was used?
I'm not interested in the time frame of the chart, Bars.TimeFrame (e.g. 1h). Instead, I'd like to log which Data type (m1 bars from Server, Tick data from Server, etc.) was used for the backtest/optimization, or (a bit more advanced) determine from within(!) the bot on which Data type tests shall be run.
Thx.

Perhaps get the datetime of consecutive ticks and round it somehow? Perhaps using an average or similar.

@prosteel1

Bots4Us
18 Jan 2021, 18:06

RE: RE:

prosteel1 said:

Perhaps get the datetime of consecutive ticks and round it somehow? Perhaps using an average or similar.

Hi prosteel1,
Interesting workaround. Should do for tick vs. m1 vs. 1h. Likely not for 1m from Server vs. 1m from CSV, but at least something. Thx.

@Bots4Us