Closing cTrader doesn't warn about BOTs still running

Created at 08 Dec 2020, 10:44
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LI

lisabeaney

Joined 08.10.2019

Closing cTrader doesn't warn about BOTs still running
08 Dec 2020, 10:44

Hi Folks,

I'm not sure if it is just me but I thought cTrader used to warn you if you went to close the application when you still had BOTs running. It still has the normal "Are you sure you want to close the application" message but doesn't let you know that you still have BOTs running. 

This means that any code written to "clean up" trades when the BOT is stopped doesn't get executed.

Is it possible to add this warning back ? (if indeed it was there to start with !)

@lisabeaney
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Dec 2020, 12:34 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

Hi Lisa,

This warning pops up until you check not to show this message again. If you want to get it back, you need to perform a clean installation.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

lisabeaney
08 Dec 2020, 12:39

RE:

It's not a problem when you start the BOT.... but when you close cTrader without stopping the BOTs first you end up with a disorderly shutdown. The  protected override void OnStop() Is not triggered. It would be good to have a warning that you still have BOTs running ( II thought this was something it used to do ??) especially because cTrader won't let you switch accounts with BOTs running you do expect it to warn you when you close the program.

@lisabeaney

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Dec 2020, 14:25

Hi Lisa,

Sorry I misread your question. I do not remember cTrader having such a message.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous