Visual Studio Integration Issues

Created at 02 Jun 2014, 23:25
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FL

floydprice

Joined 28.06.2013

Visual Studio Integration Issues
02 Jun 2014, 23:25

Really excited to see the new Visual Studio integration however when I edit a cBot in Visual Studio it wont build, I get the following error:

No cTrader or cAlgo was found with version 1.20 or higher   

I'm running Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate Edition, Everything installed as described in the help pages. I also tried this on another machine (also running Windows 7 and VS 2012 Ultimate) which produced the exact same result.

Please let me know if you need any further information to support you in identifying the issue?

@floydprice
Replies

Spotware
03 Jun 2014, 10:39

Please run cAlgo and press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+T. It will send us troubleshooting information. Thank you for your assistance.

@Spotware

floydprice
03 Jun 2014, 10:43

Hey Guys,

I have sent the information you requested, can you please update this thread as the outcome might be useful to the rest of the community.

@floydprice

Spotware
03 Jun 2014, 15:38

RE:

floydprice said:

Hey Guys,

I have sent the information you requested, can you please update this thread as the outcome might be useful to the rest of the community.

Please update the Visual Studio Extension using Extensions and Updates in Visual Studio. Let us know if problem persists.

@Spotware

floydprice
03 Jun 2014, 16:51

Hey Guys,

Half way there... The solution now builds but any changes i make in VS don't get reflected in cAlgo... for example:

Adding Print("Hello from visual studio"); to the onBar method does not get updated in cAlgo, even if I save and build in VS.

@floydprice

Spotware
03 Jun 2014, 17:37

Will be changes applied if you restart cAlgo? Please make sure that cBot is not running during the build. Please also try to add your code to the OnStart method.

@Spotware

floydprice
03 Jun 2014, 19:41

If I restart cAlgo it does update the code changes.

I'm not running the cBot when I change the code.

So in summary, unless I restart cAlgo i don't get any code updates made in VS.

@floydprice

Spotware
04 Jun 2014, 09:07

Are you running cAlgo in Virtual Machine?

@Spotware

floydprice
04 Jun 2014, 11:19

Yes, in this instance i'm running a virtual machine.

@floydprice

Spotware
04 Jun 2014, 11:23

RE:

floydprice said:

Yes, in this instance i'm running a virtual machine.

Is "Documents" a shared folder? Are you running your virtual machine on Mac?

@Spotware

floydprice
04 Jun 2014, 17:38

Documents is NOT shared.

I'm running VMWare Fusion on a Mac.

@floydprice

floydprice
05 Jun 2014, 17:21

RE:

floydprice said:

Documents is NOT shared.

I'm running VMWare Fusion on a Mac.

@floydprice

jallopy
20 Jul 2014, 11:34

I also have this issue.

if I edit in calgo, and return to vstudio , vstudio states the source code has changed do you want to refresh. However edit in vstudio, nothing appears in calgo until the restart.

In the YouTube demo it seems to work.

thanks.

@jallopy

Spotware
21 Jul 2014, 09:30

RE:

Can you answer to next questions

• Do you face such problem everytime?
  • Do you run cbot while saving changes in VS?
  • Do you use VM ? Is "Documents" a shared folder? Are you running your virtual machine on Mac?

jallopy said:

I also have this issue.

if I edit in calgo, and return to vstudio , vstudio states the source code has changed do you want to refresh. However edit in vstudio, nothing appears in calgo until the restart.

In the YouTube demo it seems to work.

thanks.

@Spotware