Unable to manage reference

Created at 01 Jun 2014, 22:50
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CU

curious

Joined 02.03.2014

Unable to manage reference
01 Jun 2014, 22:50

Hi

I added a reference "System.Data.Linq;", after which cAlgo was not recognizing the keyword "Parameter". Hence I tried adding another reference "cAlgo.API". Now I am unable to manage reference any further. I am getting the error message with Exception #90588989. It says "An error has occurred. The problem has been submitted to the cAlgo team. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please restart cAlgo."

I have even tried uninstalling cAlgo and cTrader, deleting cAlgo under document folder, restarting computer, and then installing cAlgo again. But no luck so far :( 

Please help.

@curious
Replies

Spotware
02 Jun 2014, 11:31

If you add another reference to cAlgo.API an error will occur. We will fix this problem as soon as possible. For now you need to remove extra reference to cAlgo.API using notepad or Visual Studio. If you cannot do it we can help you with that. Just send your .csproj file to engage@spotware.com.

@Spotware

curious
03 Jun 2014, 04:52

I tried to remove extra reference to cAlgo.API.dll using notepad or Visual Studio, but couldn't succeed. So I uninstalled again and this time, I also manually deleted all cAlgo folders elsewhere (e.g. under AppData), and reinstalled it. The issue is resolved now and I am able to manage reference.

Anyway, thanks for the prompt response and the offer to help. It shows how much importance Spotware is placing to the system issues that traders face. Would like to see the patches soon.

@curious

emeeder
15 Jun 2014, 03:42

I was having this same issue about 3 weeks ago. Just getting back to making a cbot today again and i notice it is still an issue. Errors when i click "Manage References".

How can I resolve it? Which folders in AppData can I safely delete? (without deleting any of my own cbots or indicators)

When i uninstall calgo will my custom indicators still be there after reinstall?

Please clarify.

Thanks a lot.

Spotware
16 Jun 2014, 09:49

RE:

emeeder said:

I was having this same issue about 3 weeks ago. Just getting back to making a cbot today again and i notice it is still an issue. Errors when i click "Manage References".

How can I resolve it? Which folders in AppData can I safely delete? (without deleting any of my own cbots or indicators)

When i uninstall calgo will my custom indicators still be there after reinstall?

Please clarify.

Thanks a lot.

We can recommend you to fix references of your cBot using cAlgo version 1.23.  We plan to release it this week, but currently it is available on Spotware environment only:

http://spotware.ctrader.com/calgo-spotware-setup.exe 

@Spotware