Backtesting more than 1 cBot on a single symbol.

Created at 01 Dec 2020, 18:53
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DI

dinodelides

Joined 19.10.2020

Backtesting more than 1 cBot on a single symbol.
01 Dec 2020, 18:53

Hi guys,

I searched high and low for this (only found one unresolved thread covering this subject on this forum from 2015) and I have run extensive tests in CTrader over the last few days - but the one thing I cannot seem to find is the ability to backtest more than 1 bot on a single symbol. Eg, I want to back test a bot I wrote and a bot written by a third party on the same symbol, in one instance.

Is this possible? You can do it in real time on a demo account obviously (which is what I am doing now to check behaviour) but I want to try and crush it with a 1-3 year test for due diligence.

Look forward to a quick response - hopefully I am just overlooking it :)

Thanks!

@dinodelides
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Dec 2020, 08:39

Hi dinodelides,

It is not possible to backtest two strategies at the same time. To achieve this, you will need to merge the two strategies into a single cBot.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

dinodelides
02 Dec 2020, 14:08

RE:

Thank you for the swift reply Panagiotis.

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi dinodelides,

It is not possible to backtest two strategies at the same time. To achieve this, you will need to merge the two strategies into a single cBot.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@dinodelides