BAcktesting is not working

Created at 21 Nov 2020, 12:01
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JA

jadoce@gmail.com

Joined 11.05.2018

21 Nov 2020, 12:01

I am trying to backtest some Robots, but the play icon is deactivated. Is it something wrong with my cTrader application or is it something general?

@jadoce@gmail.com
Replies

jakub.bires
21 Nov 2020, 12:06

RE

Hi,

i am experiencing the same, seems as general issue for now..

@jakub.bires

jadoce@gmail.com
21 Nov 2020, 12:30

RE: RE

jakub.bires said:

Hi,

i am experiencing the same, seems as general issue for now..

Thanks jakub!

@jadoce@gmail.com

paanoik@seznam.cz
21 Nov 2020, 12:51

yep, same here, already running optimization was working overnight, but since this morning, I can only run bots on active symbols (e.g. cryptos)

@paanoik@seznam.cz

strausa
21 Nov 2020, 13:45

RE:

jadoce@gmail.com said:

I am trying to backtest some Robots, but the play icon is deactivated. Is it something wrong with my cTrader application or is it something general?

Unfortunatelly the same behaviour for me. It happened after a new build of cTrader platform released in the morning via OneClick.

@strausa

kikefx
21 Nov 2020, 16:06

Just the same here. :(

@kikefx

strausa
21 Nov 2020, 18:35

It works on live accounts.

@strausa

ths.bochum
21 Nov 2020, 21:07

RE:

strausa said:

The important question is: is this a problem of cTrader in general or a problem / feature of individual brokers.

So, please let us know, which brokers you are using.

Currently optimization and backtesting are disabled with my FxPro - demo account.

@ths.bochum

strausa
21 Nov 2020, 21:25

RE: RE:

ths.bochum said:

strausa said:

The important question is: is this a problem of cTrader in general or a problem / feature of individual brokers.

So, please let us know, which brokers you are using.

Currently optimization and backtesting are disabled with my FxPro - demo account.

I am using fondex, demo backtesting is disabled, live works fine. Demo is disabled in general I guess.

@strausa

enrico.rossi.7
22 Nov 2020, 12:00

Same problem with Kimura trading. Since last update backtesting and optimization doesn't work on demo account. :(

@enrico.rossi.7

ctid2032775
22 Nov 2020, 14:27

Hi,

the same happens here with RoboForex demo account:

• Some of my cBots running on a Minix Neo are still running, others were "killed" and cannot be started anymore
  • In backtesting I cannot even see the chart (is empty)
  • Optimization is not working, as well

I guessed that it's because of closed markets (weekend). But backtesting was always possible even on Saturday and Sunday...

Hope that this starts working as soon as possible!

BR,
Christian

@ctid2032775

enrico.rossi.7
22 Nov 2020, 15:55

I've noted it happens from last update ... hope it is a bug and Spotware patch it ASAP.. allow backtesting and optimization only when market are open it is a big limitation 

@enrico.rossi.7

ths.bochum
23 Nov 2020, 01:28

RE:

enrico.rossi.7 said:

I've noted it happens from last update ... hope it is a bug and Spotware patch it ASAP.. allow backtesting and optimization only when market are open it is a big limitation 

You are right, optimization and backtesting for my FxPro - demo account have now been enabled again, as soon as the trading sessions in Wellington and Sydney have started ...

@ths.bochum

ctid2032775
23 Nov 2020, 08:00

RE:

enrico.rossi.7 said:

Not only backtesting and optimization is a problem - for me I cannot even start a cBot when markets are closed and some were "killed" during last weekend!

So, when I want to run a cBot 24/7 or want to start it on Sunday it's currently not possible!

@ctid2032775

PanagiotisCharalampous
23 Nov 2020, 09:55

Hi all, 

There was maintenance taking place over the weekend. Everything should be fine now.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous