No parameters defined

Created at 16 Nov 2020, 00:49
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

mattia.musiello

Joined 23.07.2020

No parameters defined
16 Nov 2020, 00:49

Good morning,
I write because it is the second time that this problem occurs to me but I do not understand why.
I have been using cBot for a long time, I use and try many different bots, and when I have this problem, I have it in all machines, but if I open cTrader on another computer, with the same cBot, it works.

I can enter and change the parameters from the drop-down menu for the currency pair, but not from the menu next to the chart.

I inferred that it happens when Windows 10 server restarts, but I don't understand the reason connected.
If need be I can downgrade Windows, but before doing all the work I wanted to try writing here.

I tried to install the latest version of the .NET Framework as recommended in another post in this forum and I restarted Windows 10 server, but the problem remains.

Greetings,
Mattia

@mattia.musiello
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 Nov 2020, 11:15

Hi Mattia,

Unfortunately it is not clear to us how to reporduce this behavior. Can you please outline the exact steps we need to follow to reproduce it?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Shares4us
16 Nov 2020, 12:07

RE: No Parameters mentioned before

mentioned before on 
https://ctrader.com/forum/calgo-support/24869
Glad there are more with the same problem.

not glad the problem is there though.

@Shares4us

mattia.musiello
16 Nov 2020, 16:37

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Mattia,

Unfortunately it is not clear to us how to reporduce this behavior. Can you please outline the exact steps we need to follow to reproduce it?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Equipment:
VPS Windows Server 2016 (Updated)
cTrader 3.8 (Updated)

The problem occurs in connection with a server reboot and settles after a few days in connection with a system reboot, but only after a few days. I don't know why, yesterday I rebooted 3 times with no positive results.

I tried to read something on the internet, checking the server system logs, in the past I worked in the IT sector and I can verify some basic operations in a server environment.
The only error I have from Server Manager> Local Server> Events is "Error Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP Application" but this is active and configured correctly.

For technical honesty I must say that this version of Windows server 2016 is not activated, because I am trying it.
I can downgrade.
But if it were for this I should always have the problem, not only occasionally.

I hope I have described the event situation as well as possible, in case, if you need more details I remain available to provide help for technical problems related to the cTrader platform.
I work very well with cTrader and I realize that it is not easy with software compatibilities.

Thanks Share4us for the notification.

Regards,
Mattia

@mattia.musiello

mattia.musiello
21 Nov 2020, 20:08

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Mattia,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

I am writing this only to notify what I have done about the problem, in case other users need it.

I reinstalled the operating system in the VPS server and I used Windows Server 2012 R2, of which I have the license and is registered, now cTrade works regularly.
I don't know and don't have the knowledge to figure out if the problem was the operating system or other things.

I don't know if this action is decisive for the solution of this problem, I repeat saying that even before it worked, but sometimes it gave this problem.

If I have other developments of this problem I update the post.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Mattia

@mattia.musiello