cAlgo / cTrader basic properties

Created at 26 Feb 2014, 21:52
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GS

gszabo

Joined 26.02.2014

cAlgo / cTrader basic properties
26 Feb 2014, 21:52

Hello,

I am searching a good automated trading platform because I am fed up with the MT5 / MT4 world. The MT5 isn't suitable for me (no hadging) and the old and new MT4 builds bleed from thousand hurts.

The first look shows the cAlgo / cTrader to be good (I love C#) but I don't know it.

Help somebody, please to clarify whether the cAlgo + cTrader is good for me or not. I want to develop and run an EA (the algorithm is given) and I have some requirements in order to good developing and some properties because of algorithm:

1. Handling multiple open positions and hadging without merge them

2. Program debuging possibility (if it is given only with Visual Studio no problem).

3. Using data of some simple (custom) indicator from the EA program.

4. Backtesting on different timeframe from 1 min - 1 hour.

5. Is it possible to debug during backtest?  (In MT5 it is impossible.)

I would be grateful if somebody took trouble over answering this questions.

Thanks

Gabor

@gszabo
Replies

Spotware
27 Feb 2014, 11:20

Thank you for your interest in our suite of NDD, STP platforms.

1. Handling multiple open positions and hadging without merge them

Yes, you are allowed to hedge

2. Program debuging possibility (if it is given only with Visual Studio no problem).

5. Is it possible to debug during backtest?  (In MT5 it is impossible.)

Unfortunately, cAlgo doesn't have the debugging possibility. However, there is a workaround with Visual Studio. You can write ClassLibrary in Visual Studio, then reference it in your cBot or Indicator and during running or backtesting you can attach Visual Studio debugger to cAlgo or cTrader process. Now we are preparing the native integration with Visual Studio.

3. Using data of some simple (custom) indicator from the EA program.

Yes, it is possible to use custom indicators in cBot

4. Backtesting on different timeframe from 1 min - 1 hour.

At the moment you can backtest your cBots on all timeframes which are available in cTrader except tick time frames. We will support tick time frames in backtesting in future releases.

@Spotware