Notifications.SendEmail() does not work

Created at 20 Aug 2020, 18:17
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

unlax.trader

Joined 29.03.2020

Notifications.SendEmail() does not work
20 Aug 2020, 18:17

1) I have written a cBot that sends email using Notifications.SendEmail(...), as well as tested using ClickAlgo Email Test Tool, but I simply could not send email successfully. I have already configured the Email Settings correctly, enabled Gmail less secure apps, tried with SSL (port 465) and without SSL (port 25), tried another SMTP server (smtp.dreamhost.com with correct settings), tried cTrader 3.7 from IC Markets as well as 3.8 from cTrader latest Public Beta, everything I tried it just doesn't work and there is no exception thrown. The same SMTP settings are working fine on MT4 and AmiBroker, so it is definitely not the STMP Server issue. It is bizarre frankly.

2) I want my cBot to send email to cTrader logged-in user's email address, but there seems to be no API to get user email (or any user info for that matter). Is there a way to do it without resorting to another input parameter, which is not tidy since the logged-in user's email is already available?

I am a veteran programmer, and have read your docs and search forum posts, but nothing points to solution for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

@unlax.trader
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Aug 2020, 08:30

Hi unlax.trader,

1) We did not have any other reports about issues with email sending. If ClickAlgo Email Test Tool runs successfully but you still not receive an email, then it must be something with your email. I am sorry if I cannot be of much help here.

2) The user's cTrader ID email address is not available through the API. You will need to rely on a cBot parameter for this information.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

stuart
29 Aug 2020, 00:17

try a different email provider. 

I also could not get gmail to work with cTrader.

@stuart